boba fett helmet bobble solution?

jebby10

Jr Hunter
hi, has anyone tried using a wrestling helmet that protects the ears under your boba fett helmet. i have an MR hemelt that is two big for my head and looking for ways for the helmet to fit snug without ruining the helmet interior. i cannot find a store that carries them (checked walmart and academy) i found some online but don't want to buy one yet until i ask here first.

is it front to back bobble or side to side? a super cheap way to fix side to side is to take a hand or dish towel fold it over a couple times and set it on top of your head before you put the helmet on.

i wanted to add a chin strap but dont know how to install it in the helmet without messing up the inside of the helmet.

i don't know what the inside of a MR helmet looks like, but if there's space for a snap on either side just take a little 2-part epoxy put it on the snap and sneak it into a spot. then take the other half and attach them to the ends of some 1/2" black webbing.

You can get a sherman tank into a MR bucket.. :) Good idea about the chin strap though.. may look into do that with mine too..

Also another thing you can do is to insert a helmet liner from one of those hard hats.. The helmet liner can be sewed into the top padding of the MR bucket (the one that is attached with velcro to the top of the inside of the lid). In this way, it's not a permanent fix so you won't ruin the interior padding.... Real simple and very effective mod to make...

Go buy a child's baseball batting helmet at Walmart for around $15 and some industrial strength velcro. Remove the foam inside the batting helmet -- you'll specifically want the ear pieces if you have a problem with the helmet shifting side to side. Install pieces in your MR as needed with the velcro. Easy to put in, easy to take out. (y)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back