ROTJ Jetpack for Salamanderking

mmgraphics

Active Hunter
Hey brothers,

while painting collectors ESB helmet and salamanderkings ROTJ gauntlets I started to finish up salamanderking´s ROTJ jetpack too. :)

Primer and silver
jetpack_silver.jpg

The first coat of silver is on, all several parts are still of it´s own und not glued.
The thrusters have been inserted and the next step will be starting to get the masking fluid on at the first part to be colored.

Have been in "painting mood the last evenings", so here is a few more steps later:

Almost all colors are on
jetpack_almost_done_01.jpgjetpack_almost_done_02.jpgjetpack_almost_done_03.jpg

I decided to go for the AOSW style because I like the many scratches most. I hope I nailed the first "bigger" scratches as all the small ones will follow after weathering.
The blue I used is slightly different from what TF said, I used humbrol #25 and #96 mixed 2:1
Weathering will darken it again ...

Still not sure how to go for the thrusters and the "gas-tanks" ... on some pictures they look like very dirty white ones on others like very dirty silver ones ... anybody has the correct idea?

More to follow.

stay tuned!

Best,
Manuel

Last edited by a moderator:
do they sell masking fluid by the gallon? i'd imagine by the time everything is finished, you'd go through quite a bit of masking fluid :p

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back