stormtrooper helmet?

shanechoi

New Hunter
This one:
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Sto...r_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1277864521&sr=8-1
or..
this one:
http://www.toynk.com/product/HKU-ST...html?meta=GBASE&metacpg=HKU-STORMTR-C&utm_sou rce=gbase&utm_medium=CPC&utm_content=&utm_campaign=HKU-STORMTR-C

The lenses on the second one are too see through, and the lenses on the first one i've heard you can barely see through.
Can someone give me a heads up on these helmets? I wanna know what i might expect if i do get one. If you own one, or know someone who has one and you know from secondhand experience, please let me know thank you.
Bottomline: which one is better?

The first one will be WAY small. We're talking unwearable.
I can't say anything abou the second one other than it looks really inaccurate?
What are you planning to use it for?

well just for halloween later this year. just looking for something that fits and looks good. by the way, do you actually own one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Muad that neither helmet is all that accurate. But if you're in a crowd that doesn't have the eye for detail for that type of thing, either will work fine.

With that in mind for esthetics, the Rubies helmet (#1) has always reminded me of the Staypuft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters.

My opinion of helmet #2 is that it's easier on the eyes. Don't worry about the lenses. I would expect they would be simple enough to pop out and replace with a dark green welder's mask/faceshield. You normally don't have to pay much for that $10-$15 for one. I can't really give any info on the quality of material or fit of the helmet. I've never heard of that maker until your post.

Good luck with your decision!

I have only seen the first one in the stores. #1 looks to be from the same mold as the one that used to be offered at STAR TOURS. It in all honestly probably wouldn't fit a 7 year old.
#2 may be a two-piece like the Rubie's Jango. I have one that my stepson bashes aound the house in. I'll take a shot of it tonight after work.

fix storm.jpg second one is more accurate, but sizewise is a good question

Actually, that helmet from costumers network does not look like a rubies. It actually says the manufacturer is "bump in the night productions". Never heard of them,but that looks like a very accurate ROTJ helmet. The ROTJ helmets looked "off" compared to the ANH and ESB helmets. I personally dont care for them that much, but thats just my opinion. Only thing id be concerned about buying from this place is that you will end up with a helmet that doesnt match the picture. Something that may be an actual rubies. They say they are officially licensed,but i dont know about that. Im actully going to post that link on the offical 501st stormtrooper detachment board and see if anyone there knows anything about this one.

If you seriously want a nice accurate helmet, and arent afraid to spend $200ish, PM me and ill point you in the right direction. Most of those e-bay links are recasters and your better off with known makers. the "Vacuum-dis!" one is the better choice of those auctions.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back