Helmet attemp turned into the full Boba

azurelloyd

New Hunter
As a metal worker i already had the skills too make the armor pieces out of sheet metal. A friend requested a mandolorian suit so i whipped up all the body pieces. I even belled the two chest halves to fit a female form. I then decided to research the harder part, the helm. Upon finding this site i attempted the helm and am now close to finished after one abandand attempt. I have decided to make a complete Boba costume for halloween. I'll post pics as i continue. -Darth Azure-

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the pics of the helm so far.
100_1072.JPG100_1075.JPG100_1063.JPG100_1064.JPG100_1073.JPG100_1066.JPG100_1074.JPG100_1076.JPG100_1071.JPG100_1070.JPG100_1065.JPG100_1068.JPG

My helm is constructed of highlife boxes and bondo. I found it worked better than putty or jb weld due to its fast set-up time, durability, and ease to sand/carve. My rangefinder moves but needs improvment (falls down all the time.) So far i have been experimenting with a varity of adhesives and find hot glue to be the most reliable. My gaunlets are still in their infancy but my heat formed hinges work better than expected. I used plastic soda cups from the local convinience store and hand rolled them using a bic as my heat source. i intend to continue using recycled materials (w/ the exception of glue and paint) due to my economic status. Here are some pics of the female body plates i crafted for my friend out of thin sheet metal. The dishing of the breasts was a challange and quite time consuming yet i triumphed in the end. I apologive fo spelling/grammer errors, I'm a math guy. Appriciate the feed back and join the dark side you knobs! m_da11fd27e29041e480fdc1d52bd10b7b.jpgm_0631c09eec7e4980a141974d19033259.jpgm_035a99e71c55453491e46b0460e74704.jpg-Darth Azure-

Construction continues at a steady pace. The recycled leather cushion covers easily provided a rough shape for the flak vest. Im trying to decide on how to fasten it. I think ill pleat the sides and lace with black grommits. Please feel free to make suggestions. Today I recieved a pair of crocs that will make great fettwear. Helmet is ready for final color coats and then on to detailing. Need to find a way to to tint the lexan for the visor. My gauntlets near completion and function/fit great. Just some final shaping of the right and i,ll paint and attach the controll/muzzle pieces. Basic jetpack frame and the ammo belt will be the next items fabricated. pictures of these steps soon.

Miller Highlife indeed! Hot glued leather onto cardboard frames for ammo pouches then hardened in molten paraffin. Paint job for helm\gauntlets going well. need to finish electronics first then final paint. -Darth Az-

jhid 004.jpg

jhid 003.jpg

jhid 002.jpg

jhid 001.jpg

jhid 005.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back