Better armor?

mando1904

New Hunter
Hello everyone. I am fairly new here. I joined a few months back and have been reading a lot of posts here, but have not said much. I would like to assemble a set of ESB Fett armor. So far I only have a helmet. I am looking for advise on armor.

I have read a lot on both Wickedbeard and Bobamakers armor. Everyone seems to speak very highly of both. Wickedbeards armor is metal and Bobamkers is fiberglass. I would like some opinions on which material is better, stronger, more durable, etc. Which armor do you think is better? Any advice or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Depends what you want. They are both good an durable. I have BM armor and the fiberglass is pretty thick. YOu would have to take a hammer to it in order to damage. It's probably heavier, so WB may be a lighter weight option. Like choosing between a Porsche and a Ferrari. Which do you like the look of better.

They are both high quality, but have very different prices. If you don't live in Europe, international shipping from BM can be sort of high. I've even had to pay 120 bucks just to ship. However, all of my armor is from BM, and it is absolutely phenomenal. Personally, I look at paint jobs more then I do the material. However, regardless of who you choose, GET WB GAUNTLETS ;) If you're willing to spend top dollar, go with BM. If you want to feel like a real mandalorian with armor that could withstand a blaster and look amazing while doing it, go with WB.

I would definitely advise WB gaunts, no doubt. As for armor, I have WB and love it! At the same time, I have heard many great things about both DAZ's (bobamaker) and Chris' (FP) armor. Both DAZ and Jeff do excellent paintjobs. Are you here (USA) or Europe? Shipping may be the great determiner....

I have FP armor and love it. Lightweight, and has the most accurate shape to date! I also have a BM helmet though. If i had to choose between BM or WB armor though...id go WB cuz its bad a** metal and looks awesome!!

Then I would say, for money's sake, your choices have now narrowed to FP or WB, mate. I have some other nice pieces you will need for a good price that are spares. Shoot me a pm and I'll let ya know what I have.

Here are some pros/cons:

Wickedbeard: With Jeff you get your stuff already painted (quite stunningly) and 501st approvable. It also comes with all the aluminum extras (gauntlet missile, gaunt darts, knee darts, and collar studs), saving you a great deal of money. It's sturdy and impressive, but difficult to mend if it gets damaged. Jeff's backplate will not, however, accept a metal JP harness. You also save money if you order the gaunts and armor at the same time. Due to the amount of work involved, it does take awhile for you to actually get your stuff.

Fettpride: Super accurate armor/gaunts. His backplate is perfect for a metal JP harness. Does not come painted/assembled, though. Durable and easier to mend if damaged. You can also trim the armor so that the sizing is exactly what you need. Also a good chance that he will work you a deal if you order your armor and helmet together.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back