My Wife's FINISHED Zam

Foxbatkllr

Well-Known Hunter
4836839594_302a80a1de_b.jpg

4836226481_71bd7dc77b_b.jpg

4836840484_4497a185c2_b.jpg

4836238361_b41ca185fb_b.jpg

Since I have been getting close to completion on my wife's Zam and there has been a little bit of interest in the stuff I made for her and offer to others that I would show some of the finished/almost finished parts. So here's what we've got done so far. There are a few parts not shown that are finished, like I have MonCal's aluminum barrel blaster.

In terms of breakdown of who made what -
Foot armor - my sculpt
Toe armor - my sculpt w/ screen cast toe spikes
Handplates - Left is screen cast, right is my sculpt
Thumbguards - my sculpt
Misc colored greeblies - my sculpts
Chest armor - my sculpt
Hose Connector - ZamIAm
Stomach Armor - my leatherwork
Crescent moon - screen cast
Horseshoe - ZamIAm
Ovary Bits - screen cast
Hose - from a Spot Bot carpet cleaner (bought a replacement hose online)
Shins - my sculpt
Gauntlets - my sculpts
Helmet - from original DCB run but I had to resculpt/cast the binoc bridge
Skirt - My leatherwork w/ wife's help for lacing
Holster - My leatherwork, formed to MonCal's awesome aluminum blaster

For the bodysuit we have ZamIAm's custom neoprene. We have the boots with correct sole, though they are not finished, and we have the leather for the remaining pieces like the vest, cummerbund, and veil. We are trying to get everything done by SDCC this year.

4719282122_686accbfe3_b.jpg

4718635187_c1c665159d_b.jpg

4719283420_be7eb23153_b.jpg

4718636681_e3ceea927d_b.jpg

4719284986_e1612ac4cf_b.jpg

4719285274_a35d736feb_b.jpg

4719285646_1a4ba32ec3_b.jpg

4719285968_e1a49b13f6_b.jpg

4719286262_5dd79a20ab_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I can't wait to finish it either. Seems like its been forever. I just want it to be done.

Awesome!!!

Finally! I want to see it together dude, especially with your jango.

Yeah, hopefully there will be some good photos with my wife's Zam and my Jango at SDCC this year. We will also get some professional photos done together at some point.

Thanks, but I sure hope this is a lot more than a start!! We basically just need to finish the undersuit, vest and cummerbund and its done. It's taken 3 years to get to this point.

Amazing work!!! Wish I was going to SDCC to see it in person - maybe next year. Hope you'll get plenty of pics (Dumb question... but needs to be said! LOL). Noticed the hose right off the bat... I like it better than mine... :)

Thanks, yeah we are right down to the wire in terms of finishing for SDCC. My wife's new sewing machine arrived busted and its going to take too long to get a replacement or get it fixed, so we had to revert to her 1967 Kenmore, which ironically is the only sewing machine out of the 3 that she owns that functions properly.

The hose is pretty nice. I searched all over for something good. That was the best I could find and its still nowhere near perfect, but its close enough. There is someone on ebay that sells with buy it now, the Bissell Spot Bot hose for around $25 (that's where we got ours).

This is the hose I got and from this seller, but I think I paid less: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=390191976573&

(it's BIN w/ multiple available so I don't think there should be a problem posting the auction)

Well, she finished the top of the undersuit yesterday. Considering she didn't do a mockup (she just dove right into the neoprene due to time constraints) and had never sewn neoprene and her first two sewing machine options both wouldn't work it came out well. Her original sewing machine wasn't powerful enough. Then she bought a new sewing machine which arrived broken. So she had to use the 1967 kenmore. The machine is quite powerful and steady, but the downside is that it is inside a cabinet, so making the sleeves attach to the top was a huge PAIN. Also, her serger did not cooperate with the material fully, so that option kind of went out the window in addition to her other two sewing machines. The welt seams were easy though.

She likes to do more than supervise...like lay on top of stuff we are trying to work on.

Anyway today was an awesome day. I finally found fels naptha soap locally. I must have visited a dozen stores before I finally found one that carried it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back