My Celebration V limited edition Fett print!

Man, that's a beautiful piece. Love the perspective and the way the background colors shift to "sunset" in the distance. (y)

Just a small detail question; were the little pull tabs on the back of the boots visible?

Always thought the ESB flightsuit was more blue.

this is true, but when anything blue is lit in orange light, it tends to get more gray in tone, so this colorization is probably more realistic.

Actually, the only thing I see that stands out apart from the ESB film costume is that it appears the model may have been wearing an MR helmet? Because the paint scheme looks more like prepro 3, but in an MR sort of way. Hardly anything worth changing, though. Nobody is going to care about that.

this is true, but when anything blue is lit in orange light, it tends to get more gray in tone, so this colorization is probably more realistic.

Actually, the only thing I see that stands out apart from the ESB film costume is that it appears the model may have been wearing an MR helmet? Because the paint scheme looks more like prepro 3, but in an MR sort of way. Hardly anything worth changing, though. Nobody is going to care about that.

Exactly my feel on the suit color. The sunset lighting changes things drastically. Orange and blue are direct color opposites so when combined they cancel each other out and become more gray.

Good eye on the helmet. Andy's suit was ROTJ, but I had him wear my MR ESB Fett helmet. I changed a few things on it (some of the weathering and fixed the tapered visor), but overall it is still very prepro3.

I will be fixing the bantha skull before it goes to print.
Also, the color on the jpg shown is a little washed out (I think the file lost it's color profile before hitting the web). The final has a more contrast and I'm enhancing the sunset colors a bit too.

That turned out very well. I'm honored to have my small part in it. I love how it's a different angle of an existing movie scene. Since we know Fett followed the Falcon there, guess he got to land somewhere before they were allowed to land.

Since I'm not able to attend CV this year, at least a part of "me" will be there in spirit within Chris' artwork. ;)

That turned out very well. I'm honored to have my small part in it. I love how it's a different angle of an existing movie scene. Since we know Fett followed the Falcon there, guess he got to land somewhere before they were allowed to land.

Since I'm not able to attend CV this year, at least a part of "me" will be there in spirit within Chris' artwork. ;)

What kept repeating in my head when I came up with the idea was Lando's line "I had no choice. They arrived right before you did."
So Fett didn't just follow them there, he anticipated Han's move and got there first. My theory is he figured out the Lando connection once the Falcon entered the Bespin system and alerted the Imperials.

Thanks again Andy!

A W S O M E work this is easily imho the best Fett portrait I have seen "The Empire Strikes Back" is my favourite of all the original trilogy, I have a queestion what size is the image and what size will the prints be will they have a logo or will they be as above just the image and how limited are they ?

A W S O M E work this is easily imho the best Fett portrait I have seen "The Empire Strikes Back" is my favourite of all the original trilogy, I have a queestion what size is the image and what size will the prints be will they have a logo or will they be as above just the image and how limited are they ?

Paper size is 18x24, image size will be about 16x20. There's a white border all around. Title, SWCV logo, edition number and signature are at the bottom in the border. Edition size is 250.
Based on interest levels and past Celebrations I recommend going to the Art Show on day 1 or maybe early day 2 to pick one up.

PS - I fixed the bantha skull. It's now ESB accurate and I also added the quilting ridges on the upper sleeve above the shoulder armor.

I put this print as my iPhone 4 background which is always on now in this new model and it looks awesome! I had several people comment on how cool it looked.

Sean

As a follow up to this, I finally met up with Chris this past weekend, and he presented me with a nice heavy framed copy of this poster. It had a little note to me, and a hand drawn little Boba on the bottom, as well as Jeremy Bulloch's autograph, all great little touches to an already cool piece of art.

I had first met Chris 7 or so years ago, and when he asked me to pose for this artwork (and get changed into ESB), of course I said yes. Chris, fellow artist Joe Corroney and I spent an hour in Chris' garage last May with a couple lighting rigs, getting the pose angle to match what the lighting source would be if this artwork would have been a real photograph, matching shadows and such. Chris took a bunch of pictures to work with which would eventually dump into his background he had already created.

Now to go off topic a bit....
After we were done with all the main pictures for the artwork, I asked if they'd take some other random shots of my costume, as I really hadn't taken any in a long time. Joe posed me into various poses at random while Chris again snapped the shots. Here's a few of those pics....

These pics were taken at a completely different angle than the "real" pics were, so the lighting isn't the same and being done quickly on the fly, I think they turned out great. Here's my suit since I haven't shown it off around here in a really long time. Thanks again, Chris! :)

190372_187542121284674_100000866635471_394480_4571595_n.jpg

Yes, I know the hammer on my blaster is missing. Shhh....

190374_187542211284665_100000866635471_394481_773795_n.jpg

181944_187542461284640_100000866635471_394482_7952402_n.jpg

184268_187542537951299_100000866635471_394483_4186736_n.jpg

184247_187542661284620_100000866635471_394484_2802482_n.jpg

183625_187542057951347_100000866635471_394479_7965109_n.jpg

189363_187542917951261_100000866635471_394485_579402_n.jpg

.....and for those who want to know components:

My suit is heavily Magic of Myth based, because I saw that exhibit in person 8-10 times in two different cities, so that's the Boba I'm used to. It is based so much so that I filled in the right shoulder bell dents because that exhibit didn't have them, and intentionally got an ESB light blue jumpsuit, which I weathered down much like the M.O.M. suit is. I did try and keep it mostly true to ROTJ in that I used an ROTJ codpiece (AOSW reference pics), didn't put that un-natural looking black streak on the left shoulder bell and the jetpack was painted by a variety of source pics since I had no great pics of the backside of the M.O.M. exhibit when I painted it.

Thanks to Art Andrews for all the high res photos he took of the M.O.M. exhibit suit. It gave me plenty of hours sitting in front of the monitor, trying to match up individual armor weathering with a paintbrush. The lighting in these pics wash it out some. It's pretty intricate up close in person. I'm fairly proud of it.

Helmet: Picked up used off of mrgr8ness a few years ago (painted by him as well). It's a 1996 Don Post (yeah, that's right) with a Bobamaker visor. I upgraded it a bit last year with a new Fettpride right ear cap and ROTJ rangefinder, and then repainted the whole ear to closer match M.O.M. reference pics. I also added a self-contained voice amp wired to two laptop speakers, one hidden behind the drilled out sections of the Borden connector, the other behind the little rectangle on the other side, in which I drilled a small hole.

The entire rest of the costume was painted and weathered by me, using that Rogue Studios paint list:

Jetpack: Bradleyfett, with DeanO metal working light beacon.
Armor: Fettpride (most parts modified by me to more M.O.M. accuracy). Metal knee darts by psberetta.
Chest lights: Shackman (turned off for photo shoot).
Gauntlets: Fettpride, with right gauntlet metal darts by Ruffkintoy and left gauntlet Radio Shack setup for the flamethrower nozzles. Right single hose, M.O.M. style.
Shin tools: Bradleyfett

Jumpsuit/spats: JK2 costumers
Vest: JK2 costumers
Neckseal: TK409
Gloves: Slave1
Boots: Mark Cheng (I painted them a darker shade and did M.O.M. weathering to them) - Can't see in pics. ;)
Cape: TK409
Braids: Julie - her horsehair M.O.M. set
Girth belt: Local tack shop. I colored myself.
Ammo belt: Leather, by Sith Camaro
Saddlebags: JK2 costumers

Blaster: Mixture of Fettdad and Ruffkintoy components. Even though you can't really tell in this lighting, it's painted M.O.M. style, with multi colored weathering, and it's not black!

Wow! Great suit you have there, Mr Fett.

And super paint you have there lonepigeon. I saw it everywhere on the internet and I saved it on my computer.

Respect!

While I wasn't able to make it to CV, I was told this print run of 250 completely sold out within the first 2 hours of the first day of the con. That's pretty impressive right there.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back