Y-Wing pilot helmet Pepakura

dung0beetle

Active Hunter
I just finished this, so I figured I would post it up. The bottom edge of the "chin" probably needs to be wider, but since this is the only y-wing helmet pep in existence, I don't think anyone will complain too much :p The depth of the inset areas is exaggerated to allow for resin and bondo, so don't freak out about them being so deep. Also, the top of the head is a bit square-ish, but is only noticeable at a certain angle. I have attempted making this thing several times and they all looked like a Picasso painting of Jabba the Hutt. I am very pleased with how this one turned out. Thanks to Ywingfighter for the references. I may model the visor as a vac-form buck, so you guys with vac-forming equipment can make your own visors. Speaking of which, if there is a visor that is hard to find or make, send me a pm and I will try to model a pepakura buck for vac-forming.

This is a .pdf of a Pepakura development, so scaling up may be difficult, but you can always make it smaller if needed. I used a model of a head inside the helmet to visualize the scale compared to screen references, then I measured my head. It should be about right, but my math may be off for the metric conversion. If it is totally off, I will release the .pdo individually by email and pm.
Anyway, on to the file.
022704192.jpg

Download it here!

Last edited by a moderator:
hey dung - always really like your repleases.
just heard abt ur recent problems and the reasons for the pdf releases - soz to hear abt it mate
will give this a go and let you know how the scale works out

Nate

Wow first person to make the X-Wing Helmet was me and now Dung got the Y-Wing helmet done, hey Dungbeetle I think I still have a high-def TIE Pilot Helmet I got from a friend of mine would you like to take a crack at it? I got it from Lord Helmet from the Omega Wing group.

Most helmets are around the 300 range, I have a small head and 265mm high is the perfect size for me. I don't think that'll fit... and if you scale it up, the parts may be broken between pages. I believe nintendude was working on a Tie helmet... so you might want to wait till he ges back to you.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back