Wickedbeard armor

Blastmaster

Active Hunter
Hi all,
Just starting out here and wanted some feed back on Wickedbeard metal armor, what are your thoughts, specially the set for sale in the cargo hold right now should I get it???!!!
Please help.
Thanks,
AL

Although I didn't end up buying his armor, he was awesome to deal with and talk to, and his prices seem more than reasonable for his stuff. You can see examples of his work all over this site (I could be wrong... but I think BooBoo Fett sports his stuff???)

Good luck!

I have a set of WB armour. It is made from a sheet of thin gauge aluminium that is backed onto a vinyl type material. The paint job is outstanding and looks screen-accurate. The knees are a little small though.

I met a guy at the Long Beach Comic-con a couple weeks ago wearing the metal armor and it looked fantastic. It made me realize that I need to replace my plastic armor ASAP.

As far as screen accuracy goes its not screen accurate to have metal armor...its not really entirely metal either. Its foam covered in metal actually, but he does paint it and all dont know if he still does it really though havent seen him here in a long while

I started with vac formed gaunts, and they got beat up and broken multiple times while trooping. I acquired the WICKEDBEARD metal gaunts and have not had to do anything to them. It's been 4 years or so, and they're still holding up great!! If you get them, you won't be dissapointed....

He still makes armor. It is foam core like F4R said, with a metal layer on each side. I will be ordering his gauntlets soon (should be the last pair I ever need!).

There are many tremendous armor makers here on the boards. Do a quick search for WICKEDBEARD, FettPride and BobaMaker to start. Read up on them, and you'll be able to make the best decision for you.

I went with the Wickedbeard package (armor and gauntlets), I must say I love them. But Luckys31 is right, those (and others) are all over the forums, read up, research and decide which direction you want to go and then do it.

Is the wicked beard armor the best available?

How do you classify best?
Like WTFett said, if you want the absolute most accurate, then Fettpride is the way to go honestly theres none better....the wickedbeard is cool cause its metal but its not heavy or anything cause its not full metal. The FP is plastic like the actual screen used suit was. All in all its up to you though. If WB is still making armor hit him up and see, it comes painted and all which is a nice touch, but not accurate.

Thanks for the kind words about my work. I am still around and I do still make all my gear so feel free to message me or check me out on FB at Jeff Wickedbeard Cochran | Facebook
Yes my armor has a foam core but it is front and backed with metal. I do this to keep it light and somewhat flexible. You want to have a little give when wearing it. As far as accuracy?While it is not the same material as the original It looks plenty accurate, and honestly that is all that matters to me. My armor has been worn by 501st members so approval is not an issue, and I have never had an unsatisfied buyer.
In the end it all depends on what you want, so check around with the different makers and find what suits you best. Keep in mind that when you buy from me, all the gear comes fully painted and mostly ready to wear, except for the chest and shoulders. I leave attachment up to the buyer on those pieces.It does take me a while to get this stuff done but I work full time as well and my gear is all scratch built so it is a process, but worth it in the end.
Thanks
WB

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back