SW Family Tree Issues????

lunarlord

Jr Hunter
ok so i have an issue with the SW Family Tree Luke was raised by uncle owen and his aunt. So that would mean the anakin skywalker would of had to of had a brother right? but to my remembrance of the phantom menus owen was never mentioned or shown, and in ep 3 yoda just says that luke has family on tatooine. So is uncle owen really lukes uncle or no????

Last edited by a moderator:
Anakin and Owen were Step brothers....

Owen Lars was the son of moisture farmer Cliegg Lars and the stepbrother of Anakin Skywalker. He married Beru Whitesun, and after his father's death, he inherited his job as a moisture farmer. Beru convinced Owen to adopt Anakin's son, Luke Skywalker.

Owen was born on the Core World Ator, the homeworld of his birth mother, Aika Lars. Aika died when Owen was very young, so he and his father returned to his father's homeworld of Tatooine. Owen lived with his father Cliegg on their moisture farm. He helped his father buy Shmi Skywalker from Watto. Shortly after freeing her and her son Anakin's protocol droid, C-3PO, Shmi and Cliegg married, making her Owen's stepmother. Shmi often told her new family how much she missed her son Anakin, who had been freed by a Jedi to join the Jedi Order years before.

Over the next few years, Owen met a beautiful girl named Beru Whitesun, and the two fell in love. Beru moved in with Owen and his family and they lived contentedly together. However, tragedy would soon strike when Shmi was kidnapped by Tusken Raiders about a month before the start of the Clone Wars. Organizing a group of thirty other local settlers, Owen and Cliegg set out to find Shmi; however, their attempt was inherently doomed as the Tuskens set a trap. Only four of the settlers made it through, and Cliegg lost one of his legs. Owen built a hover chair for his father to maneuver following this injury.

Sean

Yep, that Ben Kenobi.

It was first mentioned in the original ANH novel based off Lucas' producion notes but when he was developing the Prequels, the story of Anakin's background changed and he re-wrote the "Owen" connection to coincide with Anakin and not Kenobi. So instead of Luke thinking they were his Aunt and Uncle when in fact they were not, Now actually are.

How's the headache now? lol

Yep, that Ben Kenobi.

It was first mentioned in the original ANH novel based off Lucas' producion notes but when he was developing the Prequels, the story of Anakin's background changed and he re-wrote the "Owen" connection to coincide with Anakin and not Kenobi. So instead of Luke thinking they were his Aunt and Uncle when in fact they were not, Now actually are.

How's the headache now? lol
worse ...so r they lukes uncle or not?? and if be nwas related wouldnt have know about anakin and force ablities a long time ago ?
edit: on a side note this question poped in my head when i took my shower this morning i have no idea y haha so that the origin of the question that stated this thread.

By Shmi and Cleigg's marriage yes, but not blood relation which essentially means they act as his "legal" guardians.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back