Just needed to share this Trooping experience

DP74

Hunter
This kinda hit me pretty good, and I shared it with my Garrison, but I really wanted to make sure to share this with you guys too...

Today I went out pledge driving to raise funds for the wal*mart walk for miracles for BC children's hospital this Sunday. A 5 year old boy came up to me today.....shook my hand, looked at me in AWE as I stood there as Boba Fett, and put some pennies from his own little pocket into our pledge box to contribute.....his mother lifted his shirt....and told him to "tell Boba Fett how many times you've been helped by BC Children's Hospital"....he had a huge scar in the center of his chest from 4 open heart surgeries. 5 years old...4 open heart surgeries....and he donated his little allowance money to help the charity organization that actually saved HIM 4 times.

I just want to thank you guys and gals.....because if I wasn't part of this community, if I didn't find bobamaker for the suit, FettDad for the blaster, Terminalfettler for the boots and Sonik for my new perfect girthbelt I'd have never been recruited by the Badlands Garrison and I wouldn't be able to go out for these causes in our name. I'd never have an experience like that.....and what made it even bigger was that my son Marc who's come and helped us at troops and even trooped himself with us was standing right next to me and afterwards he gave me just about the biggest hug he has ever given me....

Talk about an unexpected impact.

I'm going to do everything I can whenever I possibly can to make this community of Fett-Heads and my Garrison insanely proud.

J

What an awesome experience. Thank you for sharing such a personal story. It's posts and times like this that which inspire me to keep trooping.

Sean

I have a mic in my helmet, so I had to be upbeat and make him smile. I asked him if he was ok now, and told him he was much tougher than I and told him to stay strong and that I'll be keeping my eye on him, but man was it tough to keep it together. Goes to show you just how much of a strong impact one little boy can have in 5 tiny minutes in a 36 year life....

Today, I go to help out the "Cops For Cancer" that are with the Canadian Cancer Society. I ran into them yesterday as we were leaving wal*mart and I told them that I'd love to come help draw some attention to them if they didn't mind, seeing as I lost my father to cancer 4 years ago. And then tomorrow, it's the walk for miracles for the children's hospital.

This is what it's all about, and again, I thank you guys. I'm glad I was able to share this with you.

J

It's great to share a story like that. We all have something wonderful to tell. Most of all, the kids remember these kind acts for a life time. Thanks for sharing this with us!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back