Starting My Custom Armor

crow86

Active Hunter
So I've lurked on this site for awhile then decided to join and promptly went back to lurking. But I came across this one day while on DeviantArt,

http://vladislausdantes.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d29jhbk

Steampunk Boba Fett. I thought it was nicely done and awesome, so I've started my own based on this concept. I'm not out right copying it but I am using it as a start for the madness of my armor. I am almost complete in the design and layout of all the pieces I'm making. Its going to be a trash can armor for now, seeing its cheap and I can test out how I'm going to attach everything to it. I'm using WOF's Boba Fett templates for it. I so far have the chest plates cut out and I started laying down some primer on them. That's all I have so far, but I will update this thread with pics and build updates as I go. I'm shooting for getting this done by Halloween this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah steampunk is pretty awesome are u going for his concept? that would be pretty cool some of might be more help if we we could see a concept also I would be happy to sketch up something for you let me know if you do
Jango

I 'm using his design as a starting point and working off of that. My gf has the sketch book with the drawings in it, as she is working on one for herself as well. Ill try and scan the drawings this weekend and get them posted up what I have drawn so far for my design.

Well I've started cutting out my armor and got the pieces layered with a couple coats of primer to start.

IMG00216-20100615-2040.jpg

I've also started to build my jetpack as well.

IMG00217-20100615-2041.jpg

(the cut area will be my access door way for wires and such for added lights and any electronics.)

Update: Nothing too big and no update pics as of right now. But chest armor is primed and ready for paint hopefully today if the rain holds off. Tanks added to the rocket pack and still slowly being built, and following Antman's helmet build I've started on my helmet.

Small update: Had a problem occur with my chest armor, some air bubbles in the paint showed up and some scratch marks from sanding appeared after laying the paint down, so I had to resand and primer them again. Hopefully this time itll work out. Also started on my ammo pouches, they are cut and and ready to be sewn and assembled. Rocket pack is being disassembled on the front and redone. I didnt like the curved piece of mat board so itll be reworked. Then over the weekend I realized I have too many things started and I need to get atleast one thing completed before going onto the next. (little overhelmed but excited on my first build)

Looking good so far! I love the steampunked idea, super cool. You are making way more progress than I did on my first build. Keep it up.

Well it's finally done for now. In a quick rush this past October to finish mine and my gf's mando armor by this past saturday I can post up finish pictures. And now that there is no rush I can now start to redo it without a hurried time constraint and also add more too it. I am still going to do the steampunk version with this in my rebuild. I would like to thank everyone on this site for help with any questions that I had, and I'm sure I'll have more as I continue building and revamping this set of armor.

We made our way down to DC to the John Stewart and Steven Colbert rally to debut our armor. We had a lot of compliments and pictures taken of us.

3.jpg

1.jpg

She had a slight armor fall off problem with the crowds.

2.jpg

Had to clean her googles they were a bit dusty.

I did not get to wear the gauntlet that i had made. It wasn't a full wrap around the arm, I had made straps to attach it but where i put the snaps it wasn't tight enough and kept sliding down my arm. So it was a flop and now it is time to rebuild it

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back