Best cheap off the shelf spray paint colors?

Krylon makes decent paints (but you have to be careful with them). and Wal-mart has them cheap. For colors, I can't help, but if it looks right, it probably is.

what version of the armor are you working on? i know rotj colors you can use, not so good with the esb or pre-pro

building/updating TESB costume. Looking for best color matches in easily available spray paint. I admire what people do on this site, but I don't want to be ordering and chasing after the EXACT brand and colors used in 1980.

Rustoleum Spruce Green for armor, gauntlets, jetpack, misted with Krylon hunter green in between coats...could add some flat black in between coats too...the armor should be darker than the pack and guants, so at the end, mist the hunter green on the armor...also need some kind of earth color, to get a dirty look on edges and grooves...i use a bronze color by Rustoleum...

Yup..what fettdad said! thats exactly what i used for my ESB Fett. Spruce green satin rustoleum. and i misted the armor with huntclub green,not hunter green, but hunt club..which is apparently a good base color for ROTJ Fett. I also misted it with flat black.
DSC00385.gif

I found that Krylon Italian Olive Green is very close in color to Rustolium Spruce Green and dries in 10 minutes, much faster than Rustolium.

I found that Krylon Italian Olive Green is very close in color to Rustolium Spruce Green and dries in 10 minutes, much faster than Rustolium.

Rustoluems painters touch dries pretty nice, thing is you want to try and not mix the two brands so stay with one or the other...mixing them leads to issues of things not sticking or bubbling up

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back