Question on primer / painting

Drexx Korso

Hunter
I am painting up my MOW gauntlets for the first time.

How many coats of primer should I use?

How many coats of paint should I use?

Thanks

if it's sandable primer, hit it with 1 coat, check for imperfections. if there are some, fill them, sand, and re-prime. Once perfect, paint until the desired coverage is reached, it depends on the paint. Usually 2 -3 LIGHT coats is more than enough.

Thanks.

I already hit it with one coat primer.
When you say imperfections - would this be very tiny air bubbles (im guessing) from the mold/casting? What do you suggest I fill it with? (And they are pretty tiny)

the answer to everything... BONDO!!! spot and glazing bondo putty would be the best. Primer partially fills that up, but for larger imperfections, some sort of filler agent is needed. apply a little dab, let sit for about an hour, and sand it flush. hit that spot with more primer, check it, then begin laying down color.

Thanks.

I already hit it with one coat primer.
When you say imperfections - would this be very tiny air bubbles (im guessing) from the mold/casting? What do you suggest I fill it with? (And they are pretty tiny)

Elmer's Fiberglass Repair Kit, found at Lowe's, is what i use...easy to work with, 1 to 1 ratio of hardener to epoxy, just scoop it out and mix it with a plastic knife...then apply!

in some cases you can fill in tiny holes with ca glue, just be sure to spray a little accelerant on the glue. it helps it hold the shape of what you want filled. then just sand it down and viola. i used that to rebuild a corner on my jango helmet ear. turned out real nice.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back