References needed (royal guard armor)

dung0beetle

Active Hunter
I'm looking for references of the emperor's royal guard armor. I am trying to fill a pepakura request, but I only have these references and I don't know how accurate they are.

!Bq+BShg!mk~$(KGrHqUH-D0EvD2f824TBL))uE!Y3g~~_3.jpg

!Bq(3uV!CGk~$(KGrHqIH-DwEuZCwWVBnBLvfwH,8M!~~_3.jpg

Nice job so far, I always enjoy your superb peps. I would like to see these files come to fruition. Perhaps these pictures may prove useful.

acvr.jpg

blz25.jpg

blz03.jpg

blz19.jpg

blz06.jpg

acvr2.jpg

acvr1.jpg

blz172.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comic pics, but it is hard to make a stylized drawing translate into 3d and still keep it true to the design. I'll try to make the shoulders more like the comic though, the ones in the pic don't seem right to me at all, but it is difficult to tell with the overhead view.

I always thought the Royal Guard armor originated in design from the comics, but I understand the difficulty of fundamentally transferring such stylized drawings to 3-D models. Still, I found these pics perhaps these might be more useful. As for accuracy I suppose all is conjecture.

pdrm0311xp1.jpg

pdrm0310ic0.jpg

pdrm0309ut4.jpg

2549699731_d1bc01b2be.jpg

ce8ep.jpg

So you're releasing your files again? Or just new stuff? Perhaps under password? I hope so, you're greatly talented and I was in terror that you'd be gone forever.

as far as the files go, they look pretty good to me. since tehy always wear those massive cloaks... how are they supposed to fight in those things?

Thanks for the comic pics, but it is hard to make a stylized drawing translate into 3d and still keep it true to the design. I'll try to make the shoulders more like the comic though, the ones in the pic don't seem right to me at all, but it is difficult to tell with the overhead view.

You got that right, broither!

The problem I had with my Dark Horse Fett was deciding what pics to go by. What I decided on was really studying the pics and seeing how each part was drawn MOST OFTEN and building it that way. Those RG parts look really close.

So you're releasing your files again? Or just new stuff? Perhaps under password? I hope so, you're greatly talented and I was in terror that you'd be gone forever.

as far as the files go, they look pretty good to me. since tehy always wear those massive cloaks... how are they supposed to fight in those things?
I'm releasing .pdf only now except for a few people. I don't think I will password protect them.

I always thought the Royal Guard armor originated in design from the comics, but I understand the difficulty of fundamentally transferring such stylized drawings to 3-D models. Still, I found these pics perhaps these might be more useful. As for accuracy I suppose all is conjecture.
I hope the pics help, it was a lot of work making them ;)

He, i know yo probably get asked alot.. but i have been serching for some kind of royal guard amor template.. so am asking if you would please send me the file fore this to my email?

Hello,

I know that I am a few years late to the party. However, I am interested in the armor files if they are still available?

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back