Han Hunter's Gauntlet progress

Han Hunter

Active Hunter
Further to my armour, bucket and belt threads, here's the latest instalment of what I've been up to.

These are RKT gauntlets which I have assembled to open in a clam shell style (glued on the outside edge, velcro fastening on the inside edge) which I am told is movie accurate,

The flamethrower box is strengthened on the inside with glued in pieces of spare plastic (provided) then glued onto the side of the left gaunt. I shall be rivetting it also, for strength.

The flamethrower buttons are just a couple of momentary push buttons, and the LED on the left gaunt is my favourite individual part of the whole costume so far, courtesy of Halo 1 and his magical little shop of parts in Singapore! (cheers buddy!).

Neil (UK Scout) very kindly helped me out as I'm on a tight schedule to get this finished. He cleaned up the resin parts, sanded primed and put on the base coat of a colour I chose - Citadel paints Scab Red, and painted the insides black. Thanks so much for your help Neil, much appreciated, and great job!

I then applied the damage/weathering, based loosely on a combination of the visual dictionary and the MOM photo's, plus some ad libs here and there, where I thought the gauntlets would have received damage or wear.

I have the gaunt darts, hose connectors and tube under the whipcord housing to finish on the right gaunt, and I may re-paint the missile on the left gaunt, but I'm happy with the results so far.

Any glaring mistakes anyone can spot and put me right on?

Constructive criticism welcomed.

hope you enjoy. Here are the pics:

Dscf0042.jpg

Dscf0043.jpg

Dscf0044.jpg

Dscf0045.jpg

Dscf0046.jpg

Dscf0047.jpg

Si

They look really good Si. But in my opnion I would weather the left gaunt a little more, it just looks like it needs it. But they look very good. You and Neil did a very good job on them. Can't wait to see them all done.

Nice job! :cheers

I've got RKT's gauntlets as well, and I've been huffing to get them finished. I've got the gauntlets painted and weathered, but I'm having a hard time getting them put together.

By the way, what did you use to attach the resin parts?

EDIT: Nice avatar! Congrats!

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back