My Life-sized Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 2nd Attempt

Wow the quality of work is amazing.
I have asked the wife if I can have one and she just rolled her eyes at me.
I think that means yes go ahead and build one.

Amazing thread

Craig

Hi Guys! I'm new to this site. I've done a couple of lightsabers that have come out great and recently saw a life mask of Han Solo in Carbonite from the movies. I decided to try and make a life sized HIC and stumbled upon this site. I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction to get a rubber cast of the life sized HIC. Any help would be great.

-"He's no good to me dead."

When I weather my props I use indian ink dilluted with water in a spray bottle instead of paint. then I immediately go back with clean water in a seperate spray bottle. and mist over the ink. I find it gives a natural weathering effect and the watery ink finds all of the minute nooks and crannies nicely. Great work on the build. I am really enjoying this thread.

If you want a HIC cast shoot me a PM. Theres two typs of 'pull' that are used themost for making a lifesize prop.

1 - Full front to the smooth detail. You trim it and make a box to lay it in, seal the edges and your on your way. Getting them to lay flat is tricky sometimes. The rubber I use, and the way I have to make the flat parts thick, makes it not perfectly even (The front of the real IC HIC is not perfectly flat) so theres a lot of work in getting it to lay flat, but the carbonite texture is acurate.

2 - Details pull (A 25% cheaper at least) is the han details, with body,hands,face all as one big piece, and then two toes. You mount them on a board, and make the carbonite texture. Theres a few build tutorials that show a lot of ways to make them like this. This way is easier to get it to lay flat and look nice, but the carbonite texture obviously wotn be screen acurate without a lot of detail work.

The pulls are 300 shipped for a details pull, and 400 for a full front pull. Most the difference in price is based on the amount of rubber I have to use.

My mold has about 10 pulls left on it. Its still making nice pulls, but there is a slight blemish in one of the sides on the SMOOTH section (That typically gets trimmed anyway).

If someone wants one, shoot me a PM.
Thanks,
Mason aka Stormrider

awesome build . i just ordered my front pieces from SR so i'll be going all through this thread again and again . u might even get some pm's for advice .
:cheers

I'm not really sure if D. Nguyen is still making the side panels. I contacted Nguyen and it appears that the side panels have been put on hold for a while. Hopefully they will start making them again. Very nice set from the pictures. If you know of someone else who is making them please let me know. Thanks!

amazing where can i get a plaster of han solo i will like to build a project like yours amazing or how can i get in touch any email to get in touch with someone who sell those

thanks

Hey Man, i am new to the site and i think what you guys are doing is awesome, i want to build a HIC for my kids room but i can't find where to get the front and side panels from. while reading about azheat01's adventure with building one, i understand that you may be able to point me in the right direction, could you help me out.

Just saw a HIC on ebay #738 of 2500 for $1200. Nowhere near as detailed as yours. I think I hear the gears in my brain starting to grind and squeek.

Has anyone ever tried making a life-sized LEGO version of HIC?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back