noob paint help

mandalor no1

New Hunter
Ok so I bought a new rubies jango fett helmet and I want to paint it some custom colors for my mando. But I dont know what to use to paint it. I have spraypaint but I could also airbrush it too but I dont have the paint for it. I was wondering which is better for plastic.

Is that Helmet any good? Rubies makes some pretty ****** costumes and helmets. I myself was thinking about ordering that Jango helmet. Hope your modifications can make it look better.

the rubies jango isn't terrible actually. it's a little smaller than the accurate helmet, but it's surprisingly good once you replace the visor and give it a real paint job. as far as painting it up you can do it like any other helmet. sand it down nice and smooth (at least to 400 grit if you're not attempting much silver in your paint job, if you do want a shiny helmet then you'd better keep going with 800grit, 1000grit, and in some cases as far as 1500-2000grit sand paper), then prime it (i like rustoleum gray automotive primer) then sand that down with 800 grit (or whatever the highest grit sand paper you used), then start applying your colors. always remember, light coats. no sense in laying it on thick all at once because you'll just have to sand it down once it runs on you.

once you get it sanded and primered feel free to send me a pm if you'd like a few more techniques.

p.s. feel free to cut out the visor area, but don't install the new visor until the paintjob is done.

Thanks Saint_Nasty,
I was wondering what type of primer to use for my Jango Armor and helmet. Some guys reform their helmets to fit properly.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back