Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev

RachelSpektor

New Hunter
Hey everyone! I am new here, though I've been lurking for a while. lol. I've dabbled in costuming in the past (mainly Slave Leia) I have been wanting for a long time to have some sort of female mandalorian armor. I thought for a while about doing a female version of boba fett, but now I'm thinking of doing a Mirta Gev costume.

These are the pictures I am basing my costume off, primarily:
Mandalorian_wedding.jpg , MirtaGevUnfinished.jpg

I did a sketch today of the costume, with a lot of details in my head. Excuse the sucky drawing.
gifsmaller.jpg

ARMOR
This is my first time actually making mando armor, so I expect it to be bad. But oh well. I have two plans of attack right now and I am going to see which one works better.

While looking around the interwebs, I found this tutorial. I bought some 1/8th inch Sintra plastic, but haven't gotten around to testing out the molding process. The problem is, I don't have a cast of myself or a good mannequin to mold it to. Has anyone every tried molding it to themselves? With the help of someone else. Am I retarded and going to burn myself? lol. Anyway, I was going to try that out and see how it goes.

My second plan is a simpler one, but I might not be able to get what I want out of it. Somewhere on this forum, someone suggested taking mannequins like these:
IMG_1069.jpg
And cutting the armor out of them like so. I have ordered a couple of these, because they were pretty cheap. They will probably get in next week and I'll try these out too. Has anyone actually done this before? What did you use to cut the plastic? Also, how did they turn out?

I know that there is a guy out there (Rotton) that makes female mando armor, but for one thing I'm not sure if he is making them at the moment. And for another, I kind of want to make the whole thing from scratch just so I'll have more pride in it.

HELMET
For the helmet, I'm planning doing what the earlier tutorial I posted suggested and modifying a don post helmet. I've also looked around and they seem a tad smaller, which would be good because I am short.

JUMPSUIT
Well, honestly, I want this costume to somehow turn out sexy so I'm thinking of just getting close fitting gray leggings and a tight gray long sleeve shirt. Would you guys think that would look strange? It not being baggy and all.

BOOTS
Well, I am pretty short. A 5' 3" mandalorian might look kind of strange, so even though its not what I think the character might really wear, I'm looking for some sort of black/combat/platform/wedges. Probably will be hard to find, but I'm going to try.

This is all I really have thought out so far. And all I've really done is think about this. But I will update as I progress! I am shooting to have it done by celebration V, but I am working full time. At least I'm not taking classes right now!

Any input or help would be great! I feel like I've read most of the threads here on making female mando armor, but there might have been something I missed. I will definitely be asking a lot of questions :)

Mandalorian Mercs Female Armor board

Go take a look there. There are lots of helpful ladies who have scratch built armor, used mannequin parts, and we have one lady that does female metal armor by commission.

For your helmet, I would shy away from the DP helmet and go with a Rubies Jango Delux 1 piece. Much better looking helmet for the money. Your jumpsuit does not need to be baggy. My girlfriend uses a gray 1 piece track suit for her jumpsuit and it's somewhat form-fitting. Also, 5'3" isn't all that short when you consider Jango was only 5'6" (Tem Morrison's height). But many girls tend to use platforms to gain some height.

very cool! novall beat me to the punch. we have a girl at mercs that did mirta's gray armor. i also agree about the helmet. at 5'03", a don post 95 boba fett will make you look like a bobblehead. a 1 piece jango rubies or even a 2piece jango rubies (which takes more work but is a better helmet) would be the way to go.

First of all, I was always under the impression that marriage pic was of Dred Priest and Rav Bralor. I may be wrong though.

Good luck on your armor at any rate. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Nope, it's actually unnamed artwork. However, the artwork matches up to the descriptions of what Ghez Orade and Mirta Gev wore to their wedding in the books.

First of all, I was always under the impression that marriage pic was of Dred Priest and Rav Bralor. I may be wrong though.

Hmm. Second box set down:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...s=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&tbs=isch:1

The books described Dred in red and Isebet in yellow. (KT's 501st, specifically)

lol! you had me in a serious double take with the "Dred and Rav" in the first part. ;) :p

I agree with A'den S. though, I was under the assumption that this was Ghez and Mitra...

Yeah, I meant to say Isabet. LOL!
I still say I'm pretty sure there is a written example of it being Dred and ISABET, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry about the drawings, mando sister. Those look alot better than anything I could draw.

I hope to see this suit soon, I thought Mirta was a cool character ever since I read the Legacy of the Force series.

Christopher

I'm looking forward to hearing about and seeing more development on this project. I'd like to do my wife up as Mirta Gev, and myself as Ghes Orade (because it just makes sense). Does anybody have any reliable source images for either of them besides that image of their wedding? I've been unable to find anything below-the-knees or behind-the-back for either of them. Should I just use my imagination? :p

Hush fett4real......... She just might.... Give her sometime....... Although
That photo is of Mirta Gev and Ghes Orade,wookieepedia says so :D

I'm new. I've wanted to do mandolorian costuming for awhile. I decided to do both my wife and I as Mandalorians. I've wanted to do Boba for a long time but I know if I start mine my wife's will get put off (if we decide to go somewhere I can wear my obi wan until mine is done.) I decided that after looking for ideas for my wife and seeing Mirta Gev's and remembering her story from the books I decided to go with that. I've substituted gold for yellow and bronze for the orange. I don't plan on joining any costuming groups (I have severe social anxiety) I like to take liberties. Someone did mention though that something form-fitting might be ok for Gev but I don't want to take it too far away from the look with my changes to the paint scheme. But my wife would pull off the form fitted well. So I just thought I'd ask opinions since the original poster started the thread but seems to have gone. I'd post pics of my helmet progress but don't know how yet.

http://pin.it/yy88uDr

See if that works. It's still not finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back