WIP: Scratchbuilt Jetpack!

Great looking work. I will probably start work on a costume for Halloween. Two questions for you (I did read the thread but didnt see either mentioned - I might have missed it).
What did you use for the back plate (probably should be the strongest backbone piece...stronger than foam board to keep it solid)?
And what foam board did you use - was it stuff like this: Office Depot Brand Foam Boards 30 x 40 White Pack Of 3 by Office Depot ?
This is a really nice job as others have said here. If I get going on mine, I will post the progress and the oddball parts I use (and from what). Great and helpful forum here.

I just used foam board for the back, but I reinforced it from the inside with more strips of foam board. It was just the regular stuff you can get anywhere.

Hey Matt.

Great thread, and beautiful build!!!
I'm starting my own build soon, and had some questions :)
1. Which thickness was the foamboard you used for the build, and
2. Before priming in grey, you had a couple of pictures where the entire jetpack had a white color and almost plastic like surface. How did you get this result? Did you use a special coating?

Best regards,
Christopher

Hey brother great build! could you answer 3 questions?
1st: what was your method of building this part? help1.jpg

2nd: where'd you get the template/specs for the tube?help2.jpg

and 3rd: what did you make this area from/found part around the home etc..?help3.jpg

thanks for any help!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back