Looking for an "oily" appearance...

Muad Dib

Active Hunter
I decided that I want to give some already painted finished parts the appearance of having oily grime in the recesses and corners. I was wondering if there is a "transparent" spray stain or laquer that will do this and still let my paint job show through.

Anyone have any suggesties?

The grimey look. I want it to be generally smeared and collected in the crevises. Like how an old piece of dis-used industrial machinery would be.

Actually my bud Fett 4 Real is right....use real oil. That's what I did on parts of my ESB Fett...it will dry just right.

Kinda. Thanks.

What I really liked were how his shoulder bells looked. If there was a transparent stain I could rub over my parts to achieve that look, it'd be EXACTLY what I want.

From working in the oilfield (hardhats) try axle grease mixed with some fine dirt. Used motor oil mixed with a little dirt would work too and the dirt would hold it in the crevices. Also some dark woodstain or brown paint might work. Just suggestions since ya helped me out earlier

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back