Jango suit blue or purple?

crypto

Jr Hunter
I have read so many treads about the colour of the overalls, that I am completely confused.

I notice a few of the "Fetts" in the US use overalls in the colour of "postman blue". Here in Oz I have found a overall in a light blue called "sky blue". It looks pretty darn close to a lot of the pictures I'm seeing on the forum.

My question is, Do I need to add a bit of dye to it and get a light purple colour going, or is the light blue fine ?

I'm getting confused when I see one Jango with blue flight suit and another Jango with a light purple suit.

Is there a right and wrong or are both colours right?

And the same question goes with the vest, dark grey or black? This is another item that is throwing me.

So what is the go, Jango with light blue suit and black vest or Jango with light purple vest and dark grey vest ?

Hopefully someone can help to stop my head spinning.lol.

Cheers.

Martin

I think the colors are "sort of" up to interpretation... I prefer the more blue color of the suit myself... but Seekers is more of a light purple and looks darn nice that way, so as long as it is within certain shades it comes to personal preference as well.

The vest is grey... the shade again is another preference thing I believe... gunmetal, charcoal, slate, dark; all those shades of grey work... it isn't black though.

I would shoot for a bluish purple if that makes any sense. I really haven't seen any stock material or pre-made coverall that is the right color. That is why most dye their flightsuit themselves. I did this with mine. The material was originally very purple, so I did a quick dye in a blue dye bath to get some blue into the material. Of course, you could do it the other way, or if you had white material just make up a dye bath the proper final color.

You need a suit that looks both blue and purple. It depends on the lighting. I found a fabric in the LA fashion district that was brushed linen and what I feel is the perfect color. In paler/bluish lighting it looks blue. In reddish/yellowish lighting it looks purple.

Ah the million dollar question! I too wondered this awhile back before I dyed my BM suit. I decided on a royal blue version. It really depends on what version you like.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back