has anyone found something for gauntlet rocket tip?

SPY007

Active Hunter
I built a left gauntlet rocket from PVC pipe and 1/8 square plastic rods that I am very happy with, but I am trying to come up with a rocket tip. I like building with inexpesive hardware stuff and found items. Any suggetstions?

I've often looked at the tips to those tubes of caulk. I wouldn't just buy a tube for that but if you have another household project it may work.

This thing in and and inch and a quarter round. Looking for something with the same shape. Not just a red point. Thanks though

I recently built a rocket from stuff around the house as a prototype for a future project of mine. I used some left over sculpting foam for my tip (sculpts with just sandpaper; love that stuff; super fine stuff). Resin over that to give it strength and sanded it down again for paint.

The expanding foam in a can could also be used. Just shoot it into a form block, shape it down; Bondo it perhaps instead of the resin, sand and paint.

Styrofoam could also work but it will take a bit more attention to get smooth since the texture of that stuff tends not to be smooth. But like above; Bondo, sand, paint..

Just off the top of my head. Hope you are inspired to your own conclusion.

-If I get around to it, I will post a few pics of my build of the foam tip.

hey thanks. I thought of those methods, but i am so tired is sanding and using any kind of resin, fiberglass or bondo. and to clonecollector, you meant the small tip. I am trying to figure out the larger part with the holes. But yes a caulk tube cap has the shape (s) of the small tip and it not a bad idea to use in some way. Maybe just pour in resin with a nail in there for strength. Good idea.

I forgot... for the larger cone shape you can use a small funnel. I used a funnel that is meant for cocktails to make a rocket for my son's gauntlets. Its the right size and shape... the only thing you'd have to do is drill out the tiny holes. I bought the funnel in my local Shopright.

clone collector.The funnel you used was metal? I don't have a shoprite, this store is like target or walmart?

The funnel was plastic... came two to a package. Shopright is a supermarket chain. The funnel is meant for cocktails... wine bottles, etc. I could see how a big Walmart with a grocery/ liquor section might have these funnels.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back