Helmet HUD

Why would you need a forward cam? Anyway, You could take out the guts of a computer camera (kind you stick on top) then take a small screen from say a.... cell phone (just enough to be able to use input and show the image, and you're done.

I've thought about putting a tiny digital clock on the inside of my visor, about the size of a quarter... don't know where to look for such a thing though...

For the clock maybe you could put something in the Range Finder. Wouldn't be crowding the helmet interior. Not sure why you would want a clock though, but it sounds cool.

Well apart from the practically I think if you wanted to create a "Demo"bucket or such for people to look at,it might be cool to have the working HUD inside,though I agree that unless you have one of the larger helmets there isn't alot of room.Still this idea is cool and it's got me interested!Where there's a will there is a way!

sounds good, but I'm not sure if you'd even be able to see it. Vision gets very blurry at 1 inch or less...

This is the problem. Your eyes physically can't focus at the short of a distance. You need a way to magnify tiny screens into something that your eyes can focus on, i.e. create the illusion of distance-to-picture.

Placing a screen in your helmet just ain't gonna work.

yeah, I know because trying to make a halo EVA helmet, I wanted a substitute for polarizing that massive, compound curved visor. So I tried putting my cell phone camera viewing out a small hole. I got a general idea of where I was, I didn;t smash into walls, but it is incredibily blurry, and it honestly isn't worth the money. HUD's (like in games) work by having the whole image on your visor. Your eye is somewhat capable of focusing at that point. but viewing a screen even closer in is impossible unless your eyes are capable of focusing at any range.

Oh, but SOME helmets might be capable of it. A stormtrooper helmet MIGHT work, but the helmet has to have a bulge at the front, or fit rather large.

well i got an idea how about put a small screen in the range finder or have it project from their and have its guts on your back. I was going to install a screen in my range finder and a cam on the back of my helmet which i think could work. i could later equip a motion sensor so that the finder drops into view

..... Watch guy....... my range finder is now going too have a watch in it :D, that or I find someway too check the time..... maybe have a watch on your cod-piece, Someone ask for the time BAM look at my crotch.
Personally, For the HUD, Or rather HMD (head mounted display) my opinion is coolio, and well, **** EXPENSIVE, Unless you go ghetto and just wear one of those screen glasses thingy connected too a computer, in your pouch displaying such information.

My only issue with in helmet gadgetry is the fog factor, you can put motorcycle anti fog on the inside of your helmet, but what would you put on your equipment to prevent the water in your breath from fogging it up?

You'd have to install about 15 fans just to get the airflow, or modifying the helmet.

Trying not to be a negative nelly about this, but if you're changing helmets to fit the equipment then perhaps you are looking at the whole idea of costuming the wrong way round?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back