Building a Vacuum Form Table

lordfett

Active Hunter
I'm getting ready to build a vacuum form table and hopefully will be able to use it to make my gauntlets and JP and possibly a better bucket. Was just wondering if there are any VF gurus out there with some insight to offer a newbie.

Thanks

Hey I could use that info too as I would like to start learning how to do that for costuming and scale modeling.
:D
Can anyone offer advice?

I was reading that page a bit last night. I'm thinking of expanding on the ideas there, making a frame to hold the platic frame level and stead and possibly an electric grill instead of the oven. then there would be no need to move the plastic around.

Raise the frame with platic, turn on electric grill, plastic sags, drop onto mold turn on vacuum and blam hopefully i have a new jp and gauntlets.

Am thinking about attempting possibly a paper mache' JP as my first test subject, we'll see how it goes. Wish I hadn't thrown away my old shop vac now... Gotta wait til payday to start much of this project.

lordfett wrote:

Am thinking about attempting possibly a paper mache' JP as my first test subject, we'll see how it goes. Wish I hadn't thrown away my old shop vac now... Gotta wait til payday to start much of this project.

I would use sheet styrene before paper mache'. The jet pack has enough straight lines to warrant sheet plastic over the wobble effect papermache' has. just a quick suggestion. As far as vacuforming goes, in the net few months my buddies and I will be setting up a web site of our prop making antics where you will see plenty of vacuforming shots that may help you out. I'll post something when we have it up.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back