Jango vs. Boba: Which is better for a beginning builder?

I've been a member of TDH for less than 12 hours and wanted to know what all of you "seasoned" builders would suggest for a beginner builder with limited skills and/or scratch-building talents. I've done just a few mods on a Darth Vader with moderate success and would love to have one of the Fett generations next to him in my dining room. I understand the feeling of appreciation for something built from scratch, but it's sometimes much more productive to leave the technical aspects to the pros and just burn up some finances instead. Any and all input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Both characters look good and are a big hit with the crowds - instantly recognisable too. It's a decision only you can make buddy - which character calls to you the most, which character do you feel the greatest affinity with. You're gonna be stepping into this guys shoes - to a crowd, you will BE Jango or Boba.

Who do you immediately think of when you hear the phrase "Kick *** bounty hunter"? If you can answer that question, you'll have answered your own.

I decided to tackle Jango first for one simple reason...............less color and paint. Don't know if he is easier but that was my process

...which character do you feel the greatest affinity with. You're gonna be stepping into this guys shoes - to a crowd, you will BE Jango or Boba. Who do you immediately think of when you hear the phrase "Kick *** bounty hunter"? If you can answer that question, you'll have answered your own.

Theres a lot more truth to that than you know. You're more apt to stick with a project to the end if you're partial to the character. Even if you pick the most difficult build in the SW universe, if you feel a connection to the character, you are going to find it easier to construct than if you're just making a costume for the sake of making a costume.

Consider which trilogy is your favorite. I'm old enough to have seen the original trilogy in the movie theaters. Its one thing that made me go for Boba. Jango is cool but Boba was so much more mysterious... especially in ESB... That's why I chose ESB.

Thanks for each of the replies. Definitely "food-for-thought." I most certainly want to stick with the project to see it to fruition, so the "partiality" to the character makes a lot of sense. I'm just counting on NOT getting frustrated with a lack of know-how so I don't give up. I too am old enough to have experienced Boba for the first time in ESB in the theaters. I also think, esthetically, it makes more sense that he has a "place" next to Vader in my dining room. Maybe I can recreate Bespin! LOL! Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions. I can see I chose the right site (TDH) for help.

Yeh being partial to the character is definitely a plus...Ive loved star wars forever and when I found TDH by accident, wanting to build an ARC Trooper...I saw every amazing Boba Fett....and it was on...that was about 6 months ago and Ive compiled all the pieces and parts now I just need to get home and put them together and paint the hard pieces...I cant wait

Depending on your cost, Boba might be good for a first time builder. Also depending on your skills. Bobamaker (am sure their are others) can a Boba Fett costume complete to your size.

Don't think anyone can make a Jango Fett complete for you, you have to buy the parts and put it together yourself.

Good luck on your choice!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back