Clone Wars Episode with Boba Fett: Thoughts? (SPOILERS)

Mic Pro

Jr Hunter
So has anyone else seen the episode yet? Not sure what I thought about Boba blowing up Jango's helmet as a booby trap. I always assumed the helmet was passed down. So... where does he get his green helmet then? Also, I don't know if it fits with the Scholastic books in terms of continuity. And I kinda got thrown off by Bossk speaking basic. I expected some Trandoshan grunting but then I went back to my books and realized he spoke basic in all the stories.

Anyways, what did you think?

I assume Bossk speaks just to make it simple for kids!

I too was suprised with Jango's helmet being used as a trap. Maybe it will get repaired.

Who knows, only time will tell.

I thought the lore was that Boba got his armor later anyway?

But, I guess whatever TCW says goes at this point, so if they say he blew up Dad's bucket, then that's what happened. As long as he took the head out first he's doing OK by me.

On a less joking note, I like how they showed Boba as angry, vengeful, but not mindlessly so. He still hesitates, questions what he's doing. I mean, he's a kid... I never pictured Boba as a complete psycho, so I like that they are showing him sort of realizing that he's going down a dark road, but doing it anyway.

i like the direction they've been taking with the show lately. it's gotten very dark, not really for kids any more. there seems to be very little hesitation in killing off any character that hasn't appeared in a movie. my two biggest complaints with the show are; 1. with the technology available, how about they make the characters less stylized and look more like their film counterparts. 2. less with the aliens speaking english. good guy aliens don't get translated at all, and bad guy aliens get subtitles. the demographic for this show must be considered old enough to handle the violence, so they're probably old enough to read.

I'm sorry, you can pretty much take the prequels and anything that is new with a Stars Wars tag on it and throw it in the garbage, it's all ****! Just watched the last two episodes of the Clone Wars because Boba was in it and needless to say it...STUNK! SLAVE I gets destroyed, by some young Jedi hack, Ohhhhhh-K! And they're making Boba out to be just another young whiny Anakin Punk! And the animation is soooo bad and choppy, give me the original 3 movies and forget the rest! (n)

:cheers

I was thrilled they blew up Jango's helmet. They made it absolutely clear that Boba's helmet is not the same helmet, which is the only way it should be. I was stoked when that happened. As for the Slave 1, I assume it was not a total loss and Boba will rebuild it, hence the different paint job and modified cockpit interior in ESB.

I really like the way they are portraying Boba. In the EU and OT he was always calculating and calm, unlike Aurra Sing who just seems to be out for blood. Jango was the same way.

I'm sorry, you can pretty much take the prequels and anything that is new with a Stars Wars tag on it and throw it in the garbage, it's all ****! Just watched the last two episodes of the Clone Wars because Boba was in it and needless to say it...STUNK! SLAVE I gets destroyed, by some young Jedi hack, Ohhhhhh-K! And they're making Boba out to be just another young whiny Anakin Punk! And the animation is soooo bad and choppy, give me the original 3 movies and forget the rest! (n)

:cheers

I have to say that I agree with you.

You would think that the son of Jango Fett who was "born", raised, and trained under him, would have a little more spine. I mean, we see Boba goading Jango on to wipe-out Obi Wan in Episode II. You know that he's an unaltered clone, so he's spent more time under Jango's wing than likely anyone. But suddenly this morality appears and he can't kill a single clone. Or leave an escape pod of young clones to drift in space.

I didn't expect to see him as we did in ESB right off the bat. But I didn't expect to see him hesitating at each and every decision that comes up. Yes, he is a kid in this. But I think his potential to out-whine Hayden's portrayal of Anakin is excellent.

Jango's turning over in his grave.

Indeed all of them were good episodes,however the fact that he was a little soft at times sort of explains him (as a kid) he does have true innocent human qualities after all.Remember Jango had these feelings as well when his family were killed by the deathwatch. I mean think about it he's lonely and sort of confused in his own unique ways not to mention having Aura Sing forcing him to do certain things wich kinda makes him feel uncomfortable. We all know he's sad ,hurt and feels empty however it seems like this is the moment where he is starting to grow out of his miseryand becoming tuff . As of Slave1 , I never expected this to happen I mean really how much damage did it really get? and what ever happened to Aura Sing , jeez did she survive the crash and explosion? Lastly Boba Fett getting captured and getting arrested for his crimes has always been a part of his story. I wonder if this is the point where his past history gets twisted '' where he was suppose to be arrested and exiled for someones murder''.

Guys, I know we all want to explain, rationalize, believe because it's labeled Star Wars, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still alllllllll C-R-A-P!!!

1. shows one reason Fett works alone
2. We never see Slave 1 go down, we only see a fireball... could have been missiles and Aura saves this ship?
3. In the EU Aura is still around.
4. To me Fett would not kill the clone because it's not his way, it doesn't fit his code of honor. He wasn't paid to take out the clone and it didn't really serve his purpose to do so. All he wants is Mace.
5. there is a huge growing up since EP II, he's not the child anymore. However he is still not the Fett we know and love yet.

From what we see of Boba it appears (at least to me) that he was not trained by his Father as extensively as we would have expected.

Is TCW the best ever? NO. There are things I wish I never saw,but It is entertaining and I do enjoy watching.
just my 2c,

I for myself have fun watching the episodes of TCW.

And remember:
Everyone of us would have done several things the other way, so there would be possible thousands of different star wars episodes ...
and for me there is still one point of more importance:
The fan base of star wars will even grow with those new films. What would be more emberassing: To loose star wars fans over the time or to have some "slightly different" episodes for younger ones that keep them on the fan base?

my kids like it and they like star wars ... and ... they have started with that show and afterwards wanted to see the real movies ... so the effect is good.

hehe

my 2 cents.

I for myself have fun watching the episodes of TCW.

And remember:
Everyone of us would have done several things the other way, so there would be possible thousands of different star wars episodes ...
and for me there is still one point of more importance:
The fan base of star wars will even grow with those new films. What would be more emberassing: To loose star wars fans over the time or to have some "slightly different" episodes for younger ones that keep them on the fan base?

my kids like it and they like star wars ... and ... they have started with that show and afterwards wanted to see the real movies ... so the effect is good.

hehe

my 2 cents.

Agreed. I have a 3, 7, and 16 year old and they have all been raised on Star Wars....of course! The 16 year old didn't have the benefit of the cartoons. But when the Clone Wars "micro-series" came out he was all over it.

Although the new Clone Wars cartoon does make me a bit nervous from time to time I have to agree that it is a much easier way for the younglings to get into the Star Wars mythology. We all know the attention span of anyone under 25, so trying to get a 3 and 7 year old to sit through any of the feature films is near impossible. So the cartoons are perfect.

Despite the fact that in my home my children are taught that Han shot first, we have to always keep in mind that, like it or not, SW is George's baby and he can change whatever he wants whether we like it or not. I was heartbroken at the bitchification of Ani. All we can do is hope they don't do the same thing to Boba. But I'm guessing that Boba fans are a bit more rabid than Vader fans. Mess with Boba and you'll find an army of Mandos marching on Skywalker ranch lol.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back