Rex Helmet W.I.P including scratch built Fin and RF.. PIC HEAVY..

bulldog

New Hunter
Ok so this is my idea for a fin, I have had to build it from scratch because the one I had was a **** mold, and broke.
I am making it so that it has a hatch at the top back so I can replace the LEDs should they ever need it.
Fin1.gif

Fin2.gif

Fin3.gif

fin4.gif

DSCF1107.gif

Wirering the compad so that it will activate the RF at a push of a button.
This was also my first try and using Bondo, and I loved it, it was great fun and is a medium I can not wait to use again.
1-1.gif

DSCF1135.gif

DSCF1136.gif

DSCF1137.gif

DSCF1138.gif

Sanded and sanded and sanded, then painted , oh did I mention I sanded it. Bondo is great but takes some serious sanding. But still I love working with the stuff. I have been going round the house trying to find things to bondo!!!!!.....
The paint is ok I think. it will look a lot better once I have weathered it. That will be some time later this week.
DSCF1143.gif

DSCF1144.gif

untitled.gif

DSCF1168.gif

Heres some pics of the RF, not finished yet, still some filling to go, and then weatheing. Then I need to hook up the wires ans servo.
RF was built by making a template on card, (cereal box) then cutting it out and folding making sure all folds were good. Then traced round the template onto a "for sale" sign, then cut that out. Stuck the two template together and folded the whole thing up. Fixed three small LED's into the screen section, and then placed screen from a choclate box (had nice texture), I also added a small seperate screen just for looks. I ran the wires down through an old antenna which I am using as the RF stalk. I then covered the screen and painted the RF.
DSCF1173.gif

DSCF1174.gif

DSCF1175.gif

not sure if you saw the new sideshow rex...but it may help you with this...as far as they used a regular Range Finder and the stalk is mounted externally similar to how you have it but the stalk is the same as a Fett also. The Fin has a silver stripe down the middle of it...dont know what you used to mask with but I think you should go back over the blue areas with sandpaper to give it a weathered look it looks painted right now and poorly masked...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back