my boba helmet

Hey there! Which helmet are you looking to do? Who's the maker of the helmet? What method are you using? (layered, topical, both?) Is this your first time painting up a helmet?

It's coming along well so far. Keep posting pics! (and more details! :))

though i can't tell who the helmet maker is, it is a good start on an rotj boba. there are some details that need to be worked out though. the, i guess you could call it a "teardrop," that runs down from the dent seems to be missing. there's no physical damage on the helmet, but that can be overlooked. the rf base should be silver. and this is a personal taste issue, but the silver damage really seems like it was applied in really broad strokes; i'd suggest getting a silver marker and adding a little more here and there to give it some pizazz. if you redid the damage on the back of the helmet to a more like the damage on the right mandible and lower cheek i think it would do a lot for the overall look; you want the damage to be intentional but not look intentional. other than that, get the kill stripes on and weather it a bit and you're well on your way to having a real nice bucket.

p.s. the damage is layered right?

its a recast of sgt fang so i been told.i used the tooth pate for damage cant use salt cause of the shape, as for repainting the back thats not going to happen

its a recast of sgt fang so i been told.i used the tooth pate for damage cant use salt cause of the shape, as for repainting the back thats not going to happen

Tooth paste and salt?

Is the helmet made of ground up teeth?

Im not sure thats what haveing a Sgt "Fang" is all about...

J/K
Too many tooth jokes in there not to say something.

Typically the damage is simulated in paint, ive never heard of toothpaste or salt beign used on a bucket before. The material the bucket is cast in typically will dictate the type of primer and whether you will be using mainly acrylics, ro enamels and laquers on the helm.

i've used toothpaste as a mask on all the helmets i've painted up. on armor and gauntlets i'll use masking fluid, but on helmets i really only trust toothpaste because it doesn't run. though i haven't heard of using salt for damage either.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back