Cardboard scratch build :]

SnakeThorn

New Hunter
Greetings mandalorians :] as it is my first thread , first of all i would like to thank you all guys for help with my scratch build could not do it without help from this site tutorials , tips advises absolutely grate , a special thanks to Antman for his scratch build tutorials witch i based my work on , absolutely awesome thanks a lot .
So I'm making my first cardboard scratch build :] i started about year ago , but had long brake , and started just week ago again :] so i wanted to post some pic of my work and ask for comment s suggestions , opinions :]]] questions welcome to , . i was’n very inventive on this as is so much explained on this web ,but had few ideas on my own.
So this not going to be a full tut , only some pic , from building process ,and some comments . i will have some questions of cause i count on help :]
Image005.jpg
this is what did so far :)

Image006.jpg

Image082.jpg

Image113.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image148.jpg

Image132.jpg

Image001.jpg

Image005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
and some more pic :
Image008.jpg
I'm pleased with rangefinder is sort of ready , scratches are looking good ;] i used masking fluid , and got this flashing led thing to :] don't know only what to put behind that little screen ? any ideas ?

Image004.jpg

Image132.jpg

Image153.jpg

Image121.jpg

Applaud! I'm assuming this is your first one since you just joined, so my thumbs up to you. Oh, and your ear, completely flawless.

...and some more pic of what i have done recently :]
i decide to do 2 thing again a little RF screen and dent , still not sure about the dent ;/ , i will use a rotary key switch to install RF so when move down will switch on flashing leds :] , and i did some tests with layer painting .

and on one pic is my little mando armory workbench in the corner of my kitchen :]]]

Image026.jpg

Image016.jpg

Image013.jpg

Image033.jpg

Image029.jpg

Image027.jpg

Image022.jpg

I am totally blown away....wow.
I was thinking, how can you call a kit a scratch-build and then I noticed that you hadn't used a kit....this is indeed a superb scratch build....(much better than mine! I must try harder next time!)
You're putting the electrics in the R.F too? this was a little too advanced for me, I didn't know how to do it....You have inspire me to take some more pics but beware, mine is not coming along as fast or as nice as your is. You are doing a truly superb job! I honestly cannot wait to see the finished article.

(oh, and thankyou so much for the kind words about my artwork! :D )

hi guys , thanks a lot for those kind comments :] make me fill really good :] specially that was a lot of work on this bucket , when i found DH web i run to shop 10 min later and start immediately :] so i used whatever i could get locally not exactly recommended stuff, and as only tool i had at home was screwdriver , i had to buy everything (now I'm running out of space to keep all this :) so this is total scratch , i made many mistakes , lot bits had to do twice , due to lack of precision and low skill when gluing parts together i had to cover whole thing with thin layer of filler witch cost me lot of sanding :( is still not perfect but it will have to stay like that coz i got enough sanding :]. when i started plan was to make it quickly as pos easiest version , not even fetts colours , casual mando bucket and as i progressed i change my mind , maybe i put this and this as well etc... and now iam aiming for as close replica as skills and patience (don have a lot of this one ) let me .

Evarcha electronics in RF are very easy to put thogether i never had anythig to do with working with electronics before this and i learn on my own mistakes , if you change your mind i will give you all the tips so you wont have to do it twice like i did :]

and more pic ...I'm almost ready to start painting only few bits more :]]]
i cover helmet with grey primer then sand it a touch to see where is uneven, put more filler sand it again them more primer , glue left ear ,and did magnetic hold on right one .

Image055.jpg

Image041.jpg

Image037.jpg

Image048.jpg

Image068.jpg

Image051.jpg

Image056.jpg

Image046.jpg

Image066.jpg

Image035.jpg

TJDFett tanks a lot :] is not going to be exact copy , but its all i can do and i like it :]]] just finished back panels 6 layers of paint :]]] lots of work BTW , question: is there any tool for applying liquid mask like squeeze marker or something ? could make it easier :]

Image150.jpg

Image152.jpg

Image149.jpg

Image151.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back