OUCH!!!! My 1st motorcycle crash

Yeah I just got my Oral Board interview back, missed passing by 5 points so now have to wait until June to reapply and take the board again.

what kind of stuff they ask you on them things were they take points away " If you are in a bad mood would you take it out on a J walker???" lol

Haha, yeah unfortunately we signed papers saying were not allowed to discuss the interview process but lets just say it was the scariest interview ill ever have to take.

Ow! Glad to hear you made it out ok. Even at lower speeds nasty things can happen. I'm happy you're still here and able to tell us all about it. Get lots of rest to heal up!

I've been riding motorcycles for 30+ years and have only wiped once on the road; probably only 15-20 mph for me too. I slipped through some gravel on a sharp corner and was thrown over the curb. I landed on my back on the grass thankfully, but it still kinda hurt.

Well, it only took 1 month, but I have surgery scheduled for June 7th. I have a completely torn supraspinatus muscle in my right shoulder. It runs from the shoulder blade to the top ball of the upper arm. Ribs still hurt, left hand still hurts. I was in the left straight lane, this guy came off the offramp and was trying to made a u-turn to go the opposite direction. If you look at the paint in the roadway, it shows his L/R left rear and L/F left front tires and the angle of his car. That's no lane change, that's a u-turn through that turnout. I landed in the dirt median close to that white barrier.

I'll be in a sling for 6 weeks and can't go back to full motor duty for up to 6 months.
P5171336.jpg

P5171338.jpg

P5171342.jpg

Jeez, man! that must have been scary as heck. Glad to hear you're Ok, and I hope your hand heals up.

It looks like you did an amazing job lessening the severity of the crash! Usualy when I see motorcycle crashes, there's almost nothing left of the bike, and the rider is almost always seriously injured or worse.

Again, We're all glad your OK:), and I hope you can get your bike and .45 fixed up without too much hassel.

Got some actual pics from the scene on that day. Look at that silver car. I hit it on the front left tire. Look like that guy is making a ane change? I think not, that guy is making a u-turn through that median. Too bad he did it across my path.

I landed at the bottm left of the picture.
MCKEEMANS901April-2010001.jpg

I know I'm smiling. I just happy to be alive and still moving.
MCKEEMANS901April-2010024.jpg

Glad to see that you're ok. Having taken a spill myself I can sympathise.
A least it wasn't your fault, unlike my own crash. First week I had my first bike I took a corner too fast, clipped the kerbstone and was cattapulted into the air. I landed in a hedge and the bike landed on me (leg and foot). Fortunately the bike was light (a Honda XL 125) and I was wearing full protective clothing, inc a full face flip-front helmet. It was just round the corner from my house so I didn't have far to limp. Net result, a few scratches and dings in my bike (to match the scratches and dings in its owner).

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back