My first build so far

thorn13

New Hunter
This is my first build actually my first time building anything. but thanks to some awesome templates (WoF) and a great tutorial (Antman) not to mention the trash can armor. luckily I actually had an oval sterilite can because no one has the oval cans anymore. but aside from that things are going well.

small file FA.JPG

small file BA.JPG

small file FH.JPG

small file BH.JPG

small file SH.JPG

Intimidated to start painting my helmet. Gonna finish shaping my armor and try to paint them first. I won't feel so bad if i mess them up.

thin layers of paint..........it won't drip. I was terribly intimidated about painting the first time. But I got over it when I realized most mistakes can easily be corrected with sand paper or steel wool.

i'll definately try to make thinner layers. I think I have a lead thumb. progress shots, primed helmet and most of the armor shaped.

wlegs.JPG

prime.JPG

Since I am trying to do a custom mando, Fi Skirata, I decided to try a different girth belt out. I used a 100 feet of paracord to tie the belt. It is a continuous 100 feet that is easily accesible in any situation and convenient to carry. hope you all like it

belt.JPG

One thing that I picked up that helpled my painting was an attachment for the top of a spray can so that you use a trigger. It looks like a gun handle, and you attach the spray can to the front of it. It helps a lot with control since you are using your index finger and your grip is more natural. They only cost a few bucks and are well worth it.

here is a link to some examples

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...=aps&hvadid=4646260947&ref=pd_sl_236r3mah2t_e

if i need to fix some of the scratches do i need to sand the whole piece and start again or can i just paint over the spot that needs some help?

Indeed. Maybe it's just the lighting, but that collar bone peice looks like handbeaten mmmm..... copper, lots of zinc, ab bit of iron, and some fire protection thrown on top.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back