First ever ESB paintup - complete..ish

MarkG

Hunter
Hi all...

Put the finishing touches to my ESB lid today, as the weather was nice.

Now, before I started, I had never picked up an airbrush, and never attempted anything on this scale... so I think it's come out fairly good....for a noob.

Quick thanks to Gav (Mojo) for the lid, and advice, and to Garrett (TF) for his excellent tutorial and extra advice via PM.

Now, you can be as kind or as nasty as you like......but please be gentle...lol..

Stalk & topper will be coming from BM...

Here's the pics ; Clicky if you want to see full size.....

th_finalfront.jpg
th_finalright.jpg
th_finalback.jpg
th_finalleft.jpg

Thanks for looking....

Nice work Mark. I think you captured the overall feel of the damage really well. And VERY impressive for a first helmet paint up. As above, the L/H ear decal (?) is a bit off... By now you've probably got the helmet painting 'bug' and this will be the first of many? Maybe go a little heavier on the topical mist and splatters...

Thanks guys.. comments are most appreciated..

The decal has now been sorted.. one of those things I was gonna do before, but got too involved with wanting to show it off. lol..

It's been a HUGE learning curve, and an exciting one seeing it slowly come to life.

Will defo do a few more in the future that's for sure.

Shiv, painting the rest has been on hold whilst I painted this bad boy up.... still, I set out to make this a long project, so expect to see it fully finished sometime before 2020....

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back