Calling all HOCKEY fans!!!

How'd the Pens do tonight? I'd rather poke my eyes out with a hot poker than to see Crosby touch the cup again. Biggest cry baby, wussbag, pansy since mario and is the only NHL player i'd actually fight on the ice. I'll be pulling for who ever's playing pittsburgh...

..... i mean, go HABS...:lol:

LMAO i agree!!! but i dont know about Mario Leimeux, way before my time. seeing as my team ddidnt make ti this year, the ducks, i gotta root for the Bruins all the way!!!

Pens got LUCKY, again. THAT game is an example of the league wanting crosby in the playoffs on TV at any cost.....

Pens got LUCKY, again. THAT game is an example of the league wanting crosby in the playoffs on TV at any cost.....

******! I was in my car coming back from work when I heard about that overtime. Got a little distracted with weekend plans so this is the first I've heard about the end result.

I live so close to Vancouver, but I'll never be a Canucks fan. Live by the rule where I cheer for the same team I grew up with. Only give a little when my Sens find their way to their respective golf greens. :( I guess I can be thankful that they've done well enough the previous few years.

But more than anything, I need to keep my eyes peeled for one of these jerseys! http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php/36037-For-the-Boba-Fett-and-hockey-fans!

Yeah Pitt dodge a huge bullet with that no goal call which would of made it 4-1, that's part of winning the cup though is you have to have luck on your side.

How is that? I don't know much about how hockey works, but it seems like the only thing the league can do to make sure a team gets through is to ref with bias towards the team, but like I said I'm not sure.

Additionally, if the league can do something to keep a team in the playoffs, of course they'll keep Crosby in it; like him or not he's very popular and people love to watch him, and the entire National Hockey League runs on money, exists for the purpose of money and continues so people can make money. And Crosby makes the league a lot of money.

We all know the Red Wings are gonna LOSE!!!!!!

We had a hockey team here in Macon for a couple years, which is what got me interested in the sport. When I first started watching NHL games, I decided I liked the Red Wings because,well, I thought their jerseys were pretty. Red is my favorite color. To heck with telent. ;)
(I did one time have someone ask me if I liked the shoes that much. THERE'S SHOES?! :D Sometimes I love living in the south....if it's not Nascar or baseball, who cares?

Well since my beloved Senators crapped the bed, I'm all for Vancouver taking it. They were awesome all season long and I hope they have a good run. I don't have much faith in the Habs beating the Caps but if they do that would be pretty rad. Gary Bettman doesn't like Ovechkin as much as Crosby so the NHL won't keep Washington in the running (yes, I am a hockey conspiracy nut...)

It's amusing how people think leagues are rigged. Ever think the talent of the team has anything to do with it?

El1te

I didn't say it was rigged, because the players still have to play. What I said was that the league would do whatever it had to do to have CRYSBY on TV as much as possible. So if it means giving him EVERY call when he's tapped by another player, or calling back an "iffy" goal to keep a game close, then so-be-it. Anything to have their golden child on TV, and making them $$. Although Ovechkin is the best player in the world, 12 year old girls aren't putting his poster up in their locker. Now, CINDY Crosby on the other hand, is an effeminate poster boy, and he does generate $$ for the league(like him or not). SO, I do NOT think anything is rigged, but there is SURELY a bias for Crosby. I don't think that THAT can be disputed.....

If this was the NBA then we would have conspiracy's , but since its not I doubt their is favoritism. Only bad calls against Philly, that's how its been since the Broad Street Bully days :/

I didn't say it was rigged, because the players still have to play. What I said was that the league would do whatever it had to do to have CRYSBY on TV as much as possible. So if it means giving him EVERY call when he's tapped by another player, or calling back an "iffy" goal to keep a game close, then so-be-it. Anything to have their golden child on TV, and making them $$. Although Ovechkin is the best player in the world, 12 year old girls aren't putting his poster up in their locker. Now, CINDY Crosby on the other hand, is an effeminate poster boy, and he does generate $$ for the league(like him or not). SO, I do NOT think anything is rigged, but there is SURELY a bias for Crosby. I don't think that THAT can be disputed.....

Enlighten yourself by looking up the player stats for both Crosby and Ovechkin.

The league isn't making calls to simply keep crosby in the playoffs... do you know how stupid that sounds? Did you see the goal they called back? Of course it wasn't a goal. We've had goals called back due to the same exact thing. Scott, I've never met a bandwagon hater as illogical as you are. Bias for Crosby? Maybe people like him because he is GOOD. Did you ever think of that? Did that cross your mind atleast once?

There is your precious Ovechkin. He is so cool.

Also, Tim... I was very impressed with Philly's triumph over the Devs... that took me by surprise. I'll be real curious to see what happens if the habs beat the caps!

El1te

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back