QUESTION ABOUT XBOX 360 CHAT ISSUE

azheat01

Active Hunter
Yesterday my XBOX 360 had some problems with chat. I have been using some Turtle Beach wired headphones the last 6 months with no problem. Yesterday while playing with a friend, I could hear him fine, but when I talked I could hear myself in my own headset with some lag and distortions, almost could not hear anything i was saying. All my friend could hear was a distorted version of me, he says like a blown speaker, he basically can't hear anything. I have tried everything, resetting my router, swapping controllers, going back to the original head set, switching USB ports, and nothing is working.

What's weird is when I send someone a private message, and play it back, it sounds normal. Anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

I have this issue with my normal mic, it happens every once in a while and I don't think its anything to worry about. What game where you playing while it happend?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back