SE Boba Fett build

Hey Lewis, Looking great. I use an aluminium car paint rattle can. It goes on great and I am sure it would be cheaper too. The type I get is hycote.

Cheers for the compliments guy.
Stormrider,Thank you so much for the offer, and thank you for the compliment. I know what you mean on the prices Rob, Luckily I picked up 2 cans of the plastikote silver and primer at half price at hobbycraft of all places, they must have been clearing stock. Thanks Goodus, I was lucky with the back panels as I got them done in the 2 sunny days we had, but its back to usual welsh weather of constant rain lol.

Welsh

Hey WW- unbelievable thread...wonderful detail, and thanks for the sectioning order of paint..wish I wouldve seen this prior to my sons hasbro mod..any how, I used a very similar order : )
Great job
B

Got some more work done today and last night, really happy with the out come.
Same process as the rest of the lid, this time using grey 79 and green 78. Some of the main scratches were then applied while more finer details will then be added on later topically. The green on the back panels looks a little bright but it looks darker in person. What do you think?

Welsh

DSCF1299.jpg

DSCF1300.jpg

DSCF1301.jpg

DSCF1303.jpg

DSCF1304.jpg

DSCF1305.jpg

Cheers mate. Hows your fett coming along then?
As for the green, I would say about 2 light coats followed by another 2 heavy-ish coats to get a nice coverage, but most of the time I just keep painting until I like the finish lol.

Another update to show you guys,
Managed to get this done pretty quickly, masking it was the biggest pain but I think it came out well.
Masked the cheeks up applied grey 79, then once dried removed old silver masking, re masked the areas as well as the grey sections then sprayed black 33. Piece still needs to be buffed with some wire wool so forgive the little bits of masking fluid. I also played around with a pastel on the left cheek.
What do you guys think?

DSCF1311.jpg

DSCF1312.jpg

DSCF1313.jpg

And then I stuck the ears and visor in as I wanted to see what it looked like :D

DSCF1315.jpg

Welsh

Thanks Guys, Coincidently Rafalfett I actually used some of your stencils for the dome, mainly on the cat scratch, top section and the trail after the dent. So thank you very much for creating them. Got a little something to sort out regarding my fett then I will be masking up the mandibles, should have another update soon.
Cheers,

Welsh

Another update to post.
Managed to get the mandibles painted yesterday. All of the colours apart from the red a custom mixes, although I feel the grey may be a little bit to light, to late now though :(. They still need to be buffed down, the "super detail" painted on as well as the scratches need to be applied. Next up will be the kill stripes, followed by the ears.

What do you guys think?

DSCF1368.jpg

DSCF1369.jpg

DSCF1370.jpg

DSCF1373.jpg

Thanks,

Welsh

Well like I said previously I felt that the grey was a tad, if not really, to light. To me it seams it was hard to break up the grey and silver, and having the helmet on a stand for a few days made me want to fix it.
So I went and mixed up a darker grey, and topically applied it over the lighter grey. While I was at it I also added some of the finer details in the silver areas. Indoor shots so sorry for the quality.

DSCF1380.jpg

DSCF1381.jpg

Really happy with the repaint, I mixed the grey with some thinner and you cant tell that its painted on top even up close. Masking up the kill stripes now so as to start on them next week.

Thanks,

Welsh

Very very nice work. I am following your thread on the edge of my seat. I am making a ROTJ fett, just waiting on parts. You area an Inspiration... thank you for all your hard work. It pays off.. really...

keep it going!!

Hey guys, another update to show.
Been working on the helmet, mainly adding the kill stripes as well as some weathering and the "super" detailing. Kill stripes were done by painting them yellow, and gently misting orange from the back.

DSCF1409.jpg

Also.....not sure if I mentioned it but I also did another helmet :D

DSCF1416.jpg

Pretty much an exact copy of the first, which I did along side the one documented, simply after stenciling the 1st I just re-did it on the 2nd. Very easy and it helps save on clean up, although it does take twice as long to get a colour down lol. The only difference is that the front helmet is a little behind, I need to add the kill stripes as well as the weathering on the lower cheeks. But other than that they are pretty much the same.

DSCF1415.jpg

DSCF1417.jpg

Thought I may as well post this as these lids will be finished before the week is out, really pleased with the out come of them. Next thing to be painted will be the gauntlets, then the armour which im really looking forward to :D
Cheers,

Welsh

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back