SE Boba Fett build

Well brother, you have done an amazing job here and very impressed with your skills. I am really looking forward to getting this project started for myself. It is going to take me a long time to get the money saved up for what I need but it will be good. Just bought my boots from MOW and should receive them withing the next couple weeks. I will start weathering that and see where it goes. Hoping that my project will look as good as yours when I am done.

I know it seems kinda silly to do it all individually, the silver im using is a rattle can and is very temperamental, it bubbles and cracks very very easily so I find it better to spray it on smaller areas. I had alot of problems with it on my gauntlets but when its put on correctly it really does look like bare metal :D

Welsh

Got a little more work done on the pack, the last for a couple of days :cry: Went out and got the yellow paint and it matches up pretty well to the humbrol colour, and with the weathering and misting it will tone it down alot. So masked off and the damage masked as-well, then the yellow applied.

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0297.jpg

Now I had some problems on the left side of the pack so there is only one coat of paint on it, so thats got to be sorted when I have time. The other side is perfect, and has had a couple of coats so I removed the tape to avoid it seeping through.

DSCF0299.jpg

DSCF0300.jpg

So the pack is getting there, ive still got to remove the masking fluid, as well as mask the other side back up when its dry, thankfully a plastic bag will do rather than all that tape :D
So what do you think so far?
Cheers,
Welsh

Bauhaus Gold from krylon matches UP Armor Yellow EXACTLY!...that color works but looks a little to yellow...with the black misting and what not itll come out good Im sure though, Im about to repaint my BFUK JP as well...was a little rushed when i painted it and want to change the blue i used

It does look really yellow in that picture dosent it :eek:
I did a test spray next to the humbrol yellow that people use and its only a shade lighter. The paint tho is gloss and the pack is directly underneath a light, so maybe a clear coat or a rub down with some wet and dry will tone it down. As you said ive still got to weather it and I may also mist some of the humbrol ontop.
Thanks for the imput F4R, sadly the only krylon paints over here is the camouflage ones :facepalm

Welsh

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhh yeh didnt notice the location sonik found the bauhaus and its PERFECT match to up armor keep up the momentum...I hope to paint mine in the next month sometime...got all my paints i think

hehe the uk's a bugger when it comes to paints, rattle cans anyways :facepalm

Yeh I saw your build thread and your newest one with the completed suit, I gorra say my favourite part your suit is the jump suit, I think the weathering on it is awesome and the other soft parts, the rest of the suit aint to shabby either :lol:
I'll try an get another pic of the yellow tomorrow as it looks darker in person.

Welsh

Hey Lewis, just checking in to see your progress. Excellent work as always bro. Loving the JP. You and me seem to be going the same route, I also have a bobbyfett UK jp on they way and am looking to get some armour from Fettpride.
Keep up the good work man.
Oh and sorry to hear about the bike, I hope it doesn't put you off the ol two wheels.

Hey guys, got some big updates on my fett to share with you all. Firstly, after a long long wait, my tailored flight suit arrived. The suit is a perfect, in looks and fit, really accurate and has working pockets on the thighs. I also added a request to the maker to have the collar removed.

DSCF0315.jpg

DSCF0316.jpg

DSCF0317.jpg

Also my harness, along with a replica US diving buckl and hooks arrived the same day. This thing is awesome, ive tried it on and its supper comfy and fits really well. Just gotta wait to paint the jetpack then I can hook it all together.

DSCF0319.jpg

DSCF0313.jpg

And speaking of jetpacks ive been doing some more work on mine. Thanks to fett4real. I realised that the yellow was a little to bright, So out came the sandpaper :D I stripped it back down to the primer, then started again, this time after painting the silver, I primered it again to give the yellow a better base to stick to. This Time I used the correct humbrol yellow and im very happy with the outcome. O and ignore the black on the white sections, its from when I sanded it and comes off easy enough :D Its still not entirely dry yet so I Havant removed the masking fluid, I'll get a picture up tomorrow when I have done. Also you can see how bright the other yellow was as the top tube section is still the original yellow, a couple of shades brighter than the humbrol one ive repainted it with:p

DSCF0307.jpg

DSCF0305.jpg

DSCF0311.jpg

DSCF0310.jpg

DSCF0308.jpg

Jetpack is really getting there an its really good fun painting it, im also working on the rocket aswell but forgot to take some photos :( Pretty much all I have done, ive also tried the suit on with the other bits an bobs I have :oops: Really cant wait to finish now that it sort wearable :D

Lewis

Didnt see the above posts :facepalm
Red- Yeh the jetpack is a work of art mate, you really wont be dissapointed. I would also reccomend one of his softharness as they are also top notch, unless your getting the metal one? Im planning on getting all FP armour, but just starting back college my Fett funds are dwindling :(.
And yeh im still into biking, just a little road rash, bike wasnt to bad either. Looking at getting a new one now after Xmas.

F4R- im using terminal fettlers paint list. All of these are humbrol colours,

Silver no. 11
Blue no. 109
Yellow no.154
White no. 34
Red no. 73
Black no. 33
Grey no. 79
Brown no. 72, 94 and 62

Thanks for the compliments guys :lol:

Hey guys, havant really had any time to even think about my fett, yet alone work on it, but I managed to get a free couple of hours to at least do something with it :D

I know that most people leave the weathering to last, but I felt it would be easier to whether the yellow without the worry of damaging the blue. So im going for the art of star wars style JP, which is pretty dirty, so out came the airbrush. I masked off the white sections as I will be weathering them by hand with accrylics. So I hit the yellow with black, Now I know what your thinking......Ive ruined it.

DSCF0323.jpg

DSCF0324.jpg

But I knew what I was doing.....sort of. After the black was dry, I got some of the finest grade sandpaper I could find, 1500, and very carefully sanded away the black, being carefull so as not to damage the yellow, using referance images, I roughly tried to copy it, also using some artistc licence :D

DSCF0327.jpg

DSCF0328.jpg

The pictures dont really do it justice imho, as I am very happy with the way it turned, its a little heavey than what you see in the film, but I am goin for the dirty style fett. Ive still yet to do the top part of the tube which ive been meaning to, hopefully thats next on the agenda.
Some comments or criticism would be really welcomed, as you guys are the experts :D
Thanks,
Lewis

Well finally I started working back on my fett and I have some piccies for you guys :D Sadly this is goin to be a sorta teasa pic, as I actually ran out of airbrush propellant, so only managed to do the centre blue bit and a little bit of the tank, will be goin out to get some tommorow so this should be finished by then :D
First off came the infuruating masking tape, its such a pain to get inline but this was the last colour I needed to mask for (I plan on hand painting the tops of the tanks) then I covered it in primer.

DSCF0454.jpg

DSCF0455.jpg

I then went ahead and used the grey of the primer, to act as the grey damage on the pack, so out came the masking fluid 8)

DSCF0458.jpg

I then hit the pack with the silver rattle can spray,

DSCF0471.jpg

Then began to mask all of the damage and scratches,

DSCF0472.jpg

I then started to airbrush the blue, humbrol 109, before my bloody propellant ran out and I had to call it a day :cry:

DSCF0476.jpg

Since this was a pretty easy section to mask up, I thought I would see how the scratches came out, so with a rubber I gently began to remove the masking fluid.

DSCF0479.jpg

DSCF0480.jpg

DSCF0481.jpg

DSCF0483.jpg

So that was all I managed to do today, finish college early tommorow so can pop down to hobbycraft and get some spray to finish the thing. So more updates on hopefully the finished JP body tommorow :D
Thanks,
Welsh

Okay guys, been busy at work today on the boba. Went out and bought 3 cans of airbrush propellent as I wanted the blue finished today. So carrying off where I left off, I masked up the area I did yesterday and coated the JP in the blue.

DSCF0484.jpg

I waited an hour then till the paint was still slightly wet, and began to remove the tape :confused

DSCF0485.jpg

DSCF0486.jpg

DSCF0487.jpg

Then I just had to wait for it to dry, suprisingly it didnt take that long for the paint to completley dry. So as usual I gently began to remove the masking fluid with a rubber, which left me with this,

DSCF0488.jpg

DSCF0489.jpg

DSCF0490.jpg

DSCF0491.jpg

DSCF0493.jpg

DSCF0494.jpg

So really really happy with the way it turned out, just got to paint the tank tops, rocket, door panel and sort the thrusters and its ready for mounting the harness.
So any comments and criqs would be really welcomed as this has tormented me for weeks, If any thing is wrong or out of place I would rather know now so I could hopefully fix with weathering, probably going to start on the tank tops tommorow and maybe the decals, so updates soon.
Thanks,
Welsh

Brother its looking GREAT...one thing I notice is the yellow on the top area around where it meets the blue should be weathered like the rest of the yellow lower areas, like in these pics
AoSW_1999-01-17_Fett_052.jpg

AoSW_1999-01-17_Fett_053.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back