FP PREMIUM PAINTJOB FOR COLLECTOR

mmgraphics

Active Hunter
Heya brothers and sisters,

here´s another paintjob I started after salamanderking´s helmet is ready now. :D
This one will be an ESB too, as collector goes for a SE.

Step 1 - Cut out the visor and drilled the holes for the ears

base_01..jpgbase_02..jpgbase_03..jpgbase_04..jpg

Step 2 - Base lightgrey/white, then silver

silver_white_01.jpgsilver_white_02.jpgsilver_white_03.jpgsilver_white_04.jpgsilver_white_05.jpg

Step 3 - Dark grey cheeks and dome, lighter grey on Mandibles and trim

dark_grey_01.jpgdark_grey_02.jpgdark_grey_03.jpgdark_grey_04.jpgdark_grey_05.jpg

Step 4 - Purple on Mandibles and trim

purple_01.jpgpurple_02.jpgpurple_03.jpgpurple_04.jpg
The grey looks a bit too light but I took the pictures with flash so it lightened up a bit. :)
Now on to the red layer!

Step 5 - Red Mandibles and trim

red_01.jpg
Just a quick shot because I am already doing the next step. :)
The red is on and just needs some rubbing with wire wool #0000 to tone down a bit.

Step 6 - Backpanels Creme & Green, dome and lower cheeks green

backpanels_and_green_01.jpgbackpanels_and_green_02.jpgbackpanels_and_green_03.jpgbackpanels_and_green_04.jpgbackpanels_and_green_05.jpgbackpanels_and_green_06.jpg
The backpanels are painted and the green layer on dome and lower cheeks is on too.
No weathering yet, but that will follow very soon and will change the overall look a lot!
Next step will be the black on the upper cheeks.

Step 7 - Black on the upper cheeks

black_upper_cheeks_01.jpgblack_upper_cheeks_02.jpgblack_upper_cheeks_03.jpg
I am always surprised how much the black sprayed upper cheeks do change the look of the entire helmet. The visor is the original, just taped in for a better look. :)

Next step is painting the ears and connecting them using the but & bolt technique as usual.

Best,
Manuel

Last edited by a moderator:
It´s the visor FP delivers with the premium helmet. It´s just still protected with the blue paper. ;-) I inserted it for the photos.

Cheers,
Manuel

Yes, there definately is bro! :)

After primer was on, I put on the first initial layer of lightgrey/white for the detail scratches that are shown between the silver. Pics will be online today!

The next layer was silver. It´s on aswell. :)

Right now I am painting on all the masking fluid for the silver scratches. That´s by far the most work. You need to be careful to position everything the correct way and to keep the right distances and scales for all of the silver scratches and damages.

Pictures will come today, promised!

The long awaited update for this thread! I am back on track for the paintjob again! phewww... work life sometimes is hard and unforgiving for any hobby ... :) :)

Best,
Manuel

Bro where have you been? Don't you love how work tends to get in the way of things!! Looks great as always bro keep up the outstanding work.

Hey deadland, thanks for the kind words! usually work doesn´t get into my way too much, there is always enough space left for me, but last month was hell. :)

Several things are still to be done (e.g. the remotes!) and I am on the way now to things sorted! And now, off to the cellar again to keep painting the helmet. :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back