SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress

Sure:

150343_1480506933992_1273355509_31063775_5984348_n.jpg

I can take pictures of the dome, but it doesn't remotely fit. Pics of that to follow this afternoon.

Thanks.. What about the cheeks and the forehead piece.. I realize that the visor part won't work on the Assasin.. (maybe on the Merc though?)...
also, with the dome... does it look like you could cut the dome a little to make it fit in the Assasin?

The cheeks are totally incompatible, as they are the traditional rounded, whereas the Assassin is angular. The dome would likely need cut vertically the may be make it line up. I guess another solution would be to get an exacto knife and cutout the greebs on the cheeks and dome and glue those to the inside of the bucket. That way you have interiors and basically a mega greeb grab bag.

The forehead piece can work in any bucket really. Almost the same with the back panel. It's just a matter of possibly trimming off chunks and not keeping it as one solid piece.

If the front and rear paddings were 'shorter' for lack of a better term would it then fit your melon?

I have had people trim around the padding pieces and then take them ot when they troop and put them back in for display (in their rooms).

In a MR standard helmet, it fits on my head with the padding in. In a SG fang it does not. You lose about an inch of room, on a resin poured helmet. as its 3x as thick.

Also to note would be there are 'mounting' holes in the rear piece, and i have rubber stndoffs that go through them, to clip it into the helmet. THis allows for the piece to not need to be glued down.

Thanks for doing this.

m2

The issue on the long pads could help, but for me the real problem is how on the keyslots on the SGTFang dip inot the bucket quiet a bit. If I were ambitious, I would cut out the center section of the back panel of the interior and use the rest. Then I could simply add whatever I could from that center to make it look interesting. The fantastic thing about this interior set is no matter what bucket you have, you can take an xacto and cut out pieces (basically turning it into modular sections) and use the ones you can.

I'm glad you mentioned the standoffs. I assumed they were from the molding and just snipped them off.

Thanks for taking the time. I am soooo busy with rl i have about 4 sets of these 'protos' and no final pulls. Im going to ffer them up to about 100 to people that want to get started, while I find time to do the rest of the project.

Yes, i understand wabout the keyslots in back. I actually never put a MQ1 in my helmets, as it is too much space.

Ideally molding the MQ1 into the back of the foam, would be the best thing:) right?

So you could see throughslots, and the foam would be the chip.

Are the inserts made of Smooth-On's semi-rigid urethane (Task series/C1515)?
In order to get a good bond with adhesives or paint, I suggest scrubbing the parts with denatured alcohol (3-4 times allowing a few hours between scrubbings) Then spray with Bull Dog adhesion promotor. This product is awesome when painting urethanes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id make one for the gmh, if I get a gmh. At the moment I do not have one. The waiting list is long for them as far as I can tell, and I have soooooooo much money wrapped up in this stuff that I wasnt planning on getting one.

If there was a guarantee to sell quite a few of the kits, id likely get to work on it. Theres not a tun of profit here, due to the amount of time (the process is time consuming) and materials (3-5 different materials to make each one) involved. And they do not come in quantities that go together so I always end up with way too much of something, or not enough of something else.

The rubber is alumilite not smoothon. But yoru right washing with soap and water, or alcohal will help a lot when using a non laquer based paint. The testers (pactra) based paints seem to bodn to this rubber, and never come off.

If you have a kit ready I have GMH #3 Im waiting on it from Chris...as its a premium upgraded to GMH Im waiting for the CC parts to be made...but Id see how well it fit when it got here

thats cool. i understand that fully. if you ever do get your hands on one or know someone willing to lend it out at some point and want to do a run im all for it

Ok, sorry been super busy, but have been pulling a part or two a night in teh pre-pro form.

So heres the scoop. This pic shows the two types of kits I have to ship now. They are pre-pro. Meaning the end kit may have more parts, may change, etc. But I have been testing some things and pulling parts as I go.

There is one block, on some of the rear pads, that ends up denting in a bit. The test mold is a little thin. its not terrible, and adds to the 'real world wear' feel. But I wanted to point it out.

These are the kits I have 4-6 of atm. 2 white forhead/rear/black domecheek, and 2 all black.

035.jpg

Heres what im projecting for the run. Id like you all to chime in.

The full kit, which will have a new forehead, and gasket for the visor is looking like 150 shipped. HOWEVER.

For every 10 I get committed, I will lower the kits $10. So if i can get 50 people interested, I will set the price at $100 for final kit.

I am only projecting 10-20 interested, so it would look more like 130-140.
I will run it this way (never done it before, but with this scenario I must).
1st: Sign up thread
2nd: $10 deposit
3rd: tally deposits, start making, give final price and ship.

The kits listed below are the $100 prepro pieces with old forehead, and no gasket. I know theres lots of budget fets out there that want these. Or people that want to get started:)

Ill provide the other pieces as a supplemental for a small fee to those that buy these.
035.jpg

Its likely i can just fill the detail pieces with rubber for the dome, and not the whole dome, so you wouldnt have to worry about dome fit. The rest, should fit in a considerably smaller helmet.

of the 6 ready to sell for 100, 2 are currently spoke for, both black as far as I can tell.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back