SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress

Im thinking about making a helmet stand that either sets it at an angle where the visor points almost straight up, so you can see in, or at a 45, with a mirror under it. Im looking for mirrors now.

EDIT:

Ok, so what about a helmet stand that was say, a fett gauntlet and hand. Or maybe han in carbonite hand. If no, what about a helmet stand, that held the helmet up, and had a mirror placed at 45 degrees under it, to reflect the inside. Who would be interested in a custom helmet stand?

I'm working on an interior for a TIE bucket and I'm going to do the angled mirror. Would look alot better than tilting the bucket plus add a bit of class. Personally I'd stay away from making the stand too fancy. It would be cool to have a gauntlet but in the end you want to showcase the helmet not the stand.

Quick update, this is what im planning. Its a try ane err adventure, because it needs to fit.

This goes under the cheek pieces, but stays on top up top. This completes the liner. The only thing left is the parts along the ears between cheeks and rear pieces. I didnt fill it perfectly becaue all helmets are different sizes. So ill need to make fillers.

Its raw, but I usually start like this to give myself an idea of what angles I want to do.
visor.jpg

How did I miss that you had new interiors in the works for so long. You can go ahead and put me down as intrested, I can't let the previous versions be with out the new addition to the family. Great work as always though Stormrider. Oh and I got a camera... but I don't think I'd pass the un-biased part. The review would probably just turn out to be "Why haven't you bought one yet and no you can't have mine :p"

Have a good one,
Hagen

Progress is looking as nice as ever. As someone extremely pleased with his HIC cast from you, I'm greatly looking forward to these.

I made the rear to be a little shorter (smallr) so it comes to about half an inch on each ear piece. Just for smaller helmets.

I can maybe send a spare to chris ask him to see how close it fits.

I sent one set out to boomer, and have another about ready to go out (pre-pros) to get some feedback.

stormrider since I'm hoping to have a GMH can you add me to the list for when you start shipping these. I can send the $150 whenever things are ready... I also have a rather larger grape so I'm hoping everything fits pretty well... I wear a size 7 3/4 cap...

With the GMH being smaller, and a big head, will be tight. However, im hoping to show the mounting system I came up with soon, which will allow people to remove these very easily while wearing:)

Boomer has the first set, im hoping he posts soon of his impressions.

Gymb... I have everything ready to ship excep ta front padding. Im out of foam, when it gets here and I pull the front, it will be out the door.
m2

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back