SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress

Alright, the final dome pice is a go. Turned out prety well. The front piece in this pic is solid rubber. ot foam. Im going to tie that piece, into the front visor gasket. Once tahts done, its all over but the cryin.

So, chime in, what do you think. is it fettski?
interior.jpg

Now that you have source material to look at, the foam rear pieces, are put in in such a way, that you could 'cut them out' and be able to add or remove them when you wanted to. So if you couldnt wear the helmet with them in, you could pull them out. The front, you glue atop the gasket, or cut away the gasket depending on how much room you need. The rest of the pieces are in places that dont really effect the size of the helmet. Therefore, if you take your time while mounting them, you should be able to make them easily removable/insertable, thus making it wearable for any head size.

I also put pre-set mounting holes in the rear piece. So you could mount rubber tabs in the helmet, and remove the WHOLE gasket by just poping it out. You would need to stick mount the edge of it, so it doesnt hump up, bit it should work nicely.

Questions comments and concerns beforeI move forward?

looks pretty good brother...not sure if the forehead piece makes sense to me though as in it being narrow...maybe it should be wider? Looks incomplete to me, but overall it looks great

Yah have to read the text, thats not the real forehead, its a standin But if you make it too big, it wont fit the curvature, therefor I need to make a custom shaped piece for that part. not really lookin forward to that.

Yah the front piece will likely be a 7 or 8 wide, with a gasket to cover the lip of the visor. Then two gaskets to go along the edge of the visor. Then its about done.

Oh well that makes more sense....this is looking awesome...kinda wondering how to display the helmet to show the inside off as much as the outside...going very well bud. Any ETA for being completed?

Oh well that makes more sense....this is looking awesome...kinda wondering how to display the helmet to show the inside off as much as the outside...going very well bud. Any ETA for being completed?

Agreed, almost too pretty to wear. Almost!

Im thinking about making a helmet stand that either sets it at an angle where the visor points almost straight up, so you can see in, or at a 45, with a mirror under it. Im looking for mirrors now.

EDIT:

Ok, so what about a helmet stand that was say, a fett gauntlet and hand. Or maybe han in carbonite hand. If no, what about a helmet stand, that held the helmet up, and had a mirror placed at 45 degrees under it, to reflect the inside. Who would be interested in a custom helmet stand?

I think the mirror is a pretty decent Idea...I have a Helmet stand already though from my Clone helmet I use of my fett guess it would depend on what it looked like

how thick are the interior pieces as I have a big head....lol....I have a Fettpride helmet
I really like what you have done with this the interior can now look as good as the exterior
and a Fettpride helmet and i'm not sure I would be able to get the helmet on with
the interior in place :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Theya re soft rubber. They make an average head fit snug. However. Its possible to pu tthem in so you can remove them for wearing with rubber tabs. When I mount the set in my MR helmet, I will mount it with tabs, so that i can show how easily they can go in and out.

Holy ****! Count me in! I'd pay $200 for this set. Great work, man. Oh and I got a $3000 Nikon setup, so for sure interested in reviewing this. I own a few helmets of various makers (M-DSB, SGTFang, scratchbuild, etc), but I would even be willing to buy a FP just to have this as a 1:1 display model.

^ ^ Gymbeau, Im glad people will pay 200! because then they will feel good about the Purchase at just under 150:)

Ill make you a deal gymbeau. Ill give you a 2 for one deal. Buy one set, Ill send you one for initial mockup, before production, to help me work out glitches, and one when they are complete and ready to roll.

I have a nice camera but no lighting system, so I cant get the interiors to show the detail.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back