Airsoft Replacement Parts

jarodpenn

Active Hunter
Fellow Fetts:
Got a question for you airsofters out there. I bought a fixed stock Echo1 AK with a rail system a little over a year ago and haven't regretted it. Now, I'm wondering if I should have gotten one with a tactical stock. I've tried AirsoftGI, ShortyUSA, Airsoft-Club dotcoms and every once in a while I'd run into a conversion kit. The full kit cost about as much as my gun itself, and I already have two out of three things that it comes with.

I thought about buying a broken or damaged Echo1 AK with a tactical stock and just changing out the stocks. Would that work okay? Could I get a tactical stock from another series of aeg rifle and adapt it to fit? What would be my best/cheapest option?

Thanks-

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I'm looking around at options for you. I apologize because I've never owned an Echo1 but I just wanted to clarify a few things to help me while I look around. When you say "tactical stock" version do you mean the one that includes an M4 style collapsable stock? Also where does the battery fit in your current AK? Is it in the top of the body under the rear sights or does it fit into the stock?

I'm trying to check places that I know of that would possibly carry a spare stock. So far I would suggest probably getting a broken gun with the stock if you cant find the spare part. The swapping of parts should be quite simple since it's and Echo1.

I'll continue my search and see if I can find any threads on the assorted forums that may cover this as well. Good luck man.

Thanks for the help, Tex. Heres a couple of pics to give you an idea of what I'm looking for. The gun has two battery compartments, one for each type of battery, but finding JUST a telescoping stock is a giving me a new defintion of pain.

ak3..JPG

ak2..jpg

I have the same gun. It was a good starting gun for only 100 bucks. Now I'm sporting my sr-25. IDK what to say about your dilemma. But keep in mind that you're gonna have to also re-wire your battery cord to fit a stick battery. hope all goes well.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back