Where to get Belt Leather.

Excalibur

Active Hunter
Where did you get your leather for your belt (not the pouches)?
I think tandyleather is my only resource but I am unsure of what to get. I'm thinking even some thick sheets and cutting them into strips for multiple belts. How wide is the belt exactly?

Edit: this should be in the Boba forum as it is for the Boba belt.

I don't believe that the original belt pouches or possibly most of the belts were leather. I am definitely leaning toward them being some sort of vinyl.

I thought the originals where white patent leather? I just assumed they were leather, I guess.

I got my belt from Home Depot. I think it's 3.5 inches wide, but I'm not sure. I had to dye it darker. For pouch leather, I found a disgusting old full length leather coat at the thrift shop for really cheap. Coat leather is thin, so it has to be formed around base, making the pouches non-functioning. But, it was cheap. If you want to pay more, order leather from Tandy or get it at a local leather shop, then you can get thicker leather, and get some leather tools to work it with. The thin stuff you can sew on a sewing machine, and glue parts of it with leather weld.

I used the belt off of the thrift-shop leather coat to make the leather straps in back of the horse girth.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back