book question

redwingsgirl514

Active Hunter
After reading the RC and IC books, I decided I'd best reread the Legacy of the Force books. When I first read them I was more interested in the Boba Fett parts than the Mando parts, and there was a lot I missed. My question is....in Bloodlines (sorry the book isn't in front of me so no direct quotes or page #s) it's mentioned that Fett's daughter had killed a clone thinking it was him instead. Since I was a Trekkie in between reading that book and reading the RC/IC books, there is a lot I have to catch up on, but was it ever said WHICH clone that was? I know that there was a lot of them, but I'm still a little worried it might be one of the ones I've read about.....I'm kinda partical to them now. :love

I read all of those books and I don't believe we know his (the clone's) identity as of yet, but I could be mistaken...
BTW, good to see another GA Fett around these parts. :)

Okay, I feel better now. *snort* I feel bad for him, but he's not one of my favorites. Which I guess he can't be, since I don't know anything about him. :rolleyes
Now, how'd you know this?

Daric: what part of Georgia are you in? I love that Dragon Con is in Atlanta...too bad I'm always unemployeed each year when it happens. One of these days I'll finish college and move from resturant work....

ok now here's some sad news... while Vel didn't kill one of the skirata clan, it can be assumed that barring some miracle of technical failure or timing, the Skirata clones, their children and any others with the Fett genome on Mandalore would have died in the nanovirus attack that the Imperial Moffs deployed against Mandalore later on in the series, can't remember the name of the book but it was one of the last few. Fortunately, Fett himself and Mirta Gev (his grandaughter) were offworld at the time of the attack.

hey now...I havent read the legacy of the force books YET...I have em just havent gotten there...so SHHHHH and warn someone before you go throwing things out there bud.

LOL yeh I dont mind to much theres a few things I know to happen and this wasnt one of them but Ill live I assure you. Reading Slave Ship right now...dont ruin it for me ;)

yup, it was spar. the story was actually told in another source, dont know it off hand never ead it ive only seen the wiki article on it.

as for the nano virus... too many genetic variables for that to be likely kal'ika. plus mitra's genetic relation to boba is suspect due to sintas having been raped by an officer around the suspected concepcion time.

antidote to a nanovirus? oh yeah, sorry for the spoilers... didn't even think about the fact that some haven't read those 20 times yet...lol

in the RC books the scientist chic Doctor Ovolot Qail Uthan who made the virus from hard contact ...anyway could have made an ani-nano virus...she was originally supposed to make the nanovirus in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
she did make an anti-nanovirus that was spread to the population by kal's gang. also, it's too much and not really the right forum for discussion on it but, the fett strain nanovirus is a flawed concept from the get go as fett's exact genome wasn't used and per the book it was targeted directly at fett not humans in general. so although oly slightly modified, no other clones share fett's exact genome. their's are altered, plus the whole issue of whether or not mirta is even a blood relative. a nonpoint issue is that there was a fett book slated to be written post lotf books however, it got scraped when karen traviss left del rey books.

And they had that scientist chic who had made the virus who may or may not have given them an antidote?

Wheww, now I can sleep tonight. :) I never thought about that darn virus possibly hitting all the clones but thank you for reminding me of the antidote before I got too worked up. :D It's late and I'm forgetting the plots now.

They are two different viruses. The arguement isnt about the viruses being the same or different, it's about the shear lack of chance that the Fett virus was actually able to target Fett or any clones due to genetic improbability and the fact the never had Fett's actual genome to work with. They had a 3rd removed person who may or may not be a genetic relative, nowhere near close enough to isolate Fett's actual genome from without makig it so generic that it just kills humans in general and the fact that Fett and the Clones have differing genomes due to genetic tampering by the Kaminoans.

Back to the original question... Spar deserted early, back before the Clone Wars. He discovered that he'd somehow genetically inherited Jango's memories (yay **** science!!). After getting smuggled off Kamino, he worked as a bounty hunter and fought for the Separatists. He later made his way back to Mandoalore and posed as Boba Fett to rally the Mandalorians. This was why Ailyn killed him -- she thought Spar was her dad. Want the full reading list? :)

--Jonah

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back