Paint tips for ROTJ blaster wanted!

Really? All the ROTJ / SE promo pics have it appearing black or more gun metal base like seen at M.O.M. and such. I know the ESB was definately a brown wood color, but I didn't remember seeing any ROTJ pics with a brown buttstock. Not saying you're wrong, I just always saw it as black. Any good pics you could post, as I'm going to be painting my ROTJ buttstock next week anyway?

When you watch ROTJ and Luke turns to see Boba land behind him there is a shot as he lands and brings the EE3 up with his left hand on top of the stock where you get a good look at a large part of it - deffo some shade of brown IMO. Not 'fact'ing this info, its based on what i see.

Its at about 3:26/28 ish on here:

SAS

Last edited by a moderator:
This? Always looked about the same tones as the rest of the gun to me. :lol:

RotJ_HD_060.png

I'm going with black.
The brownish hues are most likely due to the sun and the rust colored weathering over the brow.
Here is the MR EE-3 that I repainted. It is black with the "Terra Cotta" over the top
rotjee3.jpg

See how it pics up the brown?

I agree flat black base coat but then a very thin light grey ragged on in very random fashion followed by a thinned black wash let that dry thoroughly then seal it with testors Dullcote when that was completely dry I
used a 1/2" brush and an acrylic paint color called terra cotta, it is a very good rust color, I thinned it a little then brushed it on a section about 2" by 2" then used a rag to wipe it right back off. I also used a toothbrush and a small pointed brush to scrub and detail with. I dont know how to post a link but here are a few pics.

I dont think it would make it through Customs or I would offer to paint it for you. Might could take it apart.

Did you use the paints you can get at Michael's craft stores such as Delta Creative, Ceramcoat, Deco Art, etc? Also, what about the grey color? Is that using spray paints or the acrylics? any color in particular you used?

I use terra cotte paint because I also own a ROTJ MR blaster and the terra cotte comes out closer to it, and the screen caps, then when I was using the "rust". As usual and everything Fett, I am always trying to improve and plus things, and appreciate all of the adivce and input I receive on the TDH forums

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back