I am sick of Twilight

Ok My mom said that she could not understand how any intelligent woman could relate to Bella, and that was after the FIRST BOOK.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol...that's the difference between me and most people, Wolfie. I make fun of myself and all my fandoms, too. I can even see the side of those who make fun of me for being a geek. I am a geek and have embraced my geekiness.

I have no problem with someone liking Twilight. There are fans of every piece of media that take things a bit too far (and "too far" is just my personal quantification and different for each person). I find myself poking fun at anyone that takes anything fictional too seriously. And when you get to the point that everyone else is "wrong" for not "believeing" a fictional world is the only "real" way, you kinda have to expect someone else will take offence and then go "on the offence" when discussing it.

People voice their dissatisfaction or dislike of films and other media all the time. The ones I usually like, usually get the worst press and reviews (even from people in the sci-fi world). Many SW fans hated episodes 1-3. I really enjoyed them (although I wasn't happy about Vader becoming a whiney beotch just before going totally dark side and getting his cool new duds). Odd thing is, I always seem to get retorts when poking fun at Twilight when almost no other fandom/costumers get that way when poking fun at their "passions." You always hear of Trekkies making fun of SW fans, but it rarely gets as heated as when you bring up a dislike for Twilight. I would guess this is why poking fun at Twilight keeps going on. I was actually told I know nothing of vampires by a 15 year old kid because I do not like how they are portrayed in Twilight. When I countered that stories of "vampires" predate Christianity and almost every culture has some version of them, I was blown off as "not getting it."

And to be fair, I don't even mind the idea of vamps not bursting into flames in sunlight. There are several really good stories showing they are just very sensitive to it and sunburn/dehydrate quickly when exposed. And I also don't really have any hatred for the movies/books. I just don't like the story concepts. It would be no big deal if it wasn't for the rabid fans constantly pounding away with Twilight being the only "true" view on vampires.

Sorry for such an off-topic (and long) post. This is just my take on why people seem to be hatin' so much on Twilight.

I find it hilarious that ANYONE who dresses up in plastic would make fun of someone elses passions regardless of how 'weird' they are. ESPECIALLY if you're making a custom mandolorian with its own custom story line that you've made up because of your passion for the mandolorian lifestyle. No different than people who like the vampire one, even wussy sparkly ones.

You rule.

I love Twilight costuming. I really couldn't care less if that makes you think I'm wussy. Because when it comes down to it, I've got more Fett costume building skills and experience than probably half the people complaining in this thread. As with any costume I build/paint/sew...for myself or others....I do it right.

:D :D :D

New Moon dvd 007..jpg

How do women find Edward so attractive yet he looks like a cross between Christopher Walken and Karloff's Frankenstein?

It boggles.

You guys do understand the whole "Underworld for wussies" thing is a joke, right? I saw it on one of those "motivational poster" things on the internet and found it funny.

Underworld: Vampires vs. werewolves with machine guns, swords, blood, and guts.
Twilight: Vampires vs. werewolves that looks an awful lot like the video for Michael Jackson's "Beat It"

Again I will say, I don't have anything against fans of these movies/books...unless they constantly harp on me for not liking them or telling me I am "wrong" to not "believe" in this version of vampires. I know this is hard to comprehend, but there are a number of people out there that hate Star Wars and think we are all insanely obsessed with it to do any costumes from the show. Doesn't bother me to have them rag on the films. I didn't write them. I don't know everything there is to know about them. I just like some of the costumes and have fun making/wearing them and enjoy watching the movies. I'm a pretty simple guy.

Since the costuming aspect of Twilight was brought up, I'll just say that I, personally, do not like costuming from shows that are based too much on modern day "real world" clothes. Not to say it is a bad thing to love to work on them, just saying my personal preference is the strange (and sometimes silly) costumes from sci-fi films/TV shows. I looked at the pic that was posted of a Twilight costume (I'm assuming that is what it is from due to the post it was with). As I do not watch Twilight and have never studied their wardrobe, it just looks like someone going out to the mall or to school. I assume if I was a huge fan of the movie, I would easily recognise it as a character's wardrobe from one scene or another. Sorry if that offends anyone, but that is all I see. Same can be said for some of my costumes from obscure shows or little-known characters. To each his/her own when it comes to costuming.

As I said earlier, I have never seen a group of fans who take everything negative said about a show as serious as hardcore Twilight fans. Since I obviously do not "get" the story and it's nuances, I guess I'll never quite understand why. I guess I'll have to start holding my opinions of popular media to myself from now on so as to not offend anyone.

Have a nice (and sparkly) day, all :)

Personally, if I want vampire romance, I prefer True Blood :) lol

Bedlam, I'm not trying to single you out with my response about you disliking it. I know a lot of people who hate it. Your post just reminds me that I have seen a lot of other costumers absolutely trashing twilight people , whatever they call themselves.. twilighters , twihards. That I guess is my point. That its funny to me when basically we're all kind of the same, our muse is just different.

However, I think teen girls would get just as upset over whatever else it was they were into if someone complained about not getting it. It just happens to be Twilight right now. In the 60s it was the Beetles and Elvis. *shrug* I guess I'm just not surprised by their rabid following of something.

and I agree wih the previous poster about Diggory lol

See...I actually liked True Blood (at least the few episodes I was able to catch). Probably because it is kinda like "what if more-or-less classic vampires were to integrate into human society?" Same thing with Moonlight (which was cancelled way before it's time...where was the fangirl love for that guy? :p ) and even Forever Knight (I think I was the only person that actually watched that one). So I'm not totally against the ideas of vampire romance type plots. Hell...even Dracula (the one with Keanu and Oldman) had a romance sub-plot and I loved that movie.

As I said, I think it is more a backlash against the absolute rabid fans of Twilight that is responsible for most "I hate Twilight" type posts on the web. For me, I just don't like the story (but the rabid twilight or nothing fans do get on my nerves). But I would bet the majority are people just being "haterz."

I find it hilarious that ANYONE who dresses up in plastic would make fun of someone elses passions regardless of how 'weird' they are.

Like a friend of mine once said.
"I only make those 2WW movies so that I got a excuse for this whole Nazistuff in my Basement"

Well.... "all my Costumes are all Movieprops, someday." XD

but back to topic....

twiligh sucks mayor sheb's - because it does XD

Anyone remember a tv show called "Forever Night"? It was a pretty neat use of vampires if I remember correctly.

*points up* I mentioned it a couple posts up. It was "Forever Knight," though. Named after Nick Knight, the main character.

Man...amazing what weird stuff sticks in my head some times. I must be a HUGE geek :)

I just don't understand the whole appeal of vampires. The movies I watch, you're supposed to bar the windows and sit inside with a stake and garlic. (Since it's lunchtime for me, STEAK and garlic sounds really good right now, lol.) Thank you Grandma for your cheesy b&w horror flicks. :)

That said, I DO like Discworld's vampires, especially the ones in Capre Jugulum. :)

While on a date last summer, a Twilight rental came into play for our evening plans. The great thing about it was that both of us ended up bashing the movie from about half an hour in. It wasn't worth the hype it had received and easily remains on my personal list of Top 5 Worst Movies. I did come across this link a few weeks back and went out to find it again on YouTube. It summarizes the next movie in a minute! Very well done!

See, NOW we're talking!

Seriously though, I don't read the books so I'm almost sure that doesn't happen but at least I might watch it if it did. LOL!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back