This is what happens when I get bored & have cool programs

DP74

Hunter
On a lighter note......
So I did this as a test back in June of 2009 before our youngest Marc shaved his head to donate to charity and I realized I haven't shared it with my pals, so I posted it on my Garrison forums already and I obviously couldn't pass up posting it on TDH. ;)
It's not perfect, the sound effects are off, but I basically just wanted to see if I could do it....and...well...I CAN! lol
Marc Lightsaber Test

Now he wants to make a movie. I told him that I had to animate that saber every single frame by hand, but he doesn't care! LOL He just wants to make his own half-hour long Star Wars movie. That plus he wants me to paint his room to look like the inside of the Death Star or Star Destroyer AND I have to repaint his mando armor coz he's got new ideas.....he's going to keep me busy for a long, long time! Hell, we still haven't gotten the R2 parts I ordered so we can start building THAT thing together, and I've heard rumors of an Imperial Cadet program in the 501st....so you can imagine where this all is going to go! LOL

J

Gotta love that he shares your enthusiasm for the force. :)

Lucky kid ya got there. And from the sound of it, the vice is versa.:)

Thanks, dude! I always wanted to make movies, do special effects, be in some creature costume, ever since I was 3 and saw A New Hope. I'm told I was the only person in the theater cheering for Darth Vader when he first came on the screen during the Tantive IV scene. Since the, I wanted to make and be in movies. Then I turned 5 and got my first KISS album, and I added that to my "I want to be that" list. lol
So I basically do things like this (special effects, write a screenplay and a book) as much as I can and as time allows. Here's another test I did right before the saber one. Not much to it, just one blast with a horrid blaster sound effect, but it works! LOL

Blaster Test

He's only 12 and he's been doing stop motion animation with his Star Wars Lego! LOL

Oh and speaking of KISS...they played GM Place in November out here in Vancouver....and thanks to my brilliant and lovely wife, who is awesome personified, well...I'll let the picture speak for itself....
MeGene2009..jpg
So, yeah, sprinkles of good things do happen! ;)

J

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool as all hell!! Even though I dint understand a single word, doing special effects is wicked fun and seeing people do their own like that is even better!
Thanks for sharin' that, dude. I wish I had more time and more opportunity to do stuff like that, seriously.

J

Well, I found out how i make a subtitle Track on Youtube and were also able to make the Subtitles for 2 Episodes of my "wasteland stories" XD

and

I think I open a new Off-topic thread when I'am Done with the other 6 Episodes. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! Please do! I've been considering alot about investing in some more higher end special effects programs and some equipment. But I'll have to wait a bit until things start to settle down on the homefront first.

J

hm i paid for my effects stuff nothing. XD

all prekeyed effects from mine were free from the site www.detonationfilms.com but if i want to go any further with effects i guess i have to seek out for a semi pro. One Second of the rotary blaster took nearly an Hour to animate...

Well, After effects is realy complex for a beginner (for me too). Visionlab from FXhome is a huge bit easier to work with, because of the huge amount of prekeyed stuff. Just change colors, size and angles and done. But costs as much as a FP Bucket XD

You know what, I may have to check that program out! The adobe one does have a steep curve and it's over $1,000 so the price for Visionlab, even at $500 is better and if it's easier to use and just as powerful, then it may just be a great deal! Thanks, dude!

J

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back