getting T-Visor to fit the Fang.

Dead Eye

Hunter
ok I got a SGT fang bucket and a T-visor from T-visor.com. anyway I am having trouble with them coming together. the Visor sits off the helmet in many spots and just does not want to line up. it also sits funny on both ends of the eyes.
any suggestions?

Do you have any pics? I used the T-Visor with my Sgt. Fang and was able to work it in failry easilly so there must be something up with the pull of the helmet or the visor itself.

it just sounds like the inside of the helmet is lumpy. with most slush cast stuff, the wall thickness is pretty uneven. you need to sand the inside down until the thickness is consistent across the whole opening.

any helmet i've made is like that... i spend about 10 minutes with a dremel smoothing the inside of the visor opening.

Storm is right, I had to sand and even out the inside of the mandibles as well as the eye slits in order to get the lense to fit flush.

Well it looks like I am going to have to find another way to do this or just hang it up all together. I have been working on this out @ my friends house and it gives me limited time to work on this but I do not have a place to work on it here. well he is saying its not the lumps. not sure cause I cannot see it @ this time. either way I know it will lead into a disagreement into weather or not it should be sanded inside. and quite honestly I am just fed up with trying to no avail.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back