Correct real scope for a ROTJ EE3?????

HI guys, having just brought Fettdads webley stock and grips, I want to give my ROTJ EE3 an overhaul. Can anyone tell me the correct ASI scope that they used in the film as id like to hunt one down for my blaster, with the rings and mounts also.

Pictures would be great of the scope used for referenece if anyone has them

CHeers

hey brother, finding the "actual" ASI scope is going to tough...=) what i do, is take the K-Mart All-Pro 4x15 scope, and then take a generic 4x20 scope, and cut off the non-adjustable end on the 4x20 and connect it to the non-adjustable end of the 4x15...you need to cut some off of the end that you modify...it is right at 2 1/8" from the elevation knobs where you need to cut...the other end has very close measurements, and doesnt need to be modified...that is pretty close to the ASI...the knobs of the elevation dials wont be correct, but that is a minor thing...=)

Not "tough" to find "IMPOSSIBLE" I just did the same thing overhauling my blaster. I do have an extra set of scope rings that match the MOM stunt blaster that I'm wanting on a reply on you want me to PM you if they dont buy them?

Keep a eye on ebay uk buddy. I got a Nikko Sterling one still in the box for around £15!!
I've seen them Webley branded as well.They were made in Japan the branded up for various companys,mostly for the airgun market.

Anyway just keep searching for "SCOPES" in "USED CONDITION" and I bet you'll find one in a week or two.

Forgive the unearthing of this dead thread, but I have been looking to detail my EE-3 blaster, particularly in the scope area. My blaster is just a resin casting, therefore so is the scope...complete with casted, dead looking lens. I had thought about boring out the length of the scope with a long, skinny drill bit, and then epoxying lens on either end to make it look a bit more real.

Then I thought, as many of us have...what about just mounting a real one instead? And that is what led me to this thread. From the sound of things, the real ASI scope is next to impossible to dig up, and if you find one on eBay you are probably competing against your fellow Fetts.

FettDad's suggestion of taking the Dr. Frankenstein route intrigued me...basically take a couple of different scopes and combine the details you like best. So I started searching on Amazon to see what that kind of project would cost me. Then I found something that thought I would present to everyone to see what they thought might make a suitable substitute for a scope.

Barska has some cheap 4x15 ($6.99 AC10000) and 4x20 ($9.99 AC10730) rimfire scopes. The dimensional specs come in very close to the resin blaster I have...tube diameter matches on all three at 3/4". The overall scope length on my blaster is 10 9/16" or 10.5625". The AC10000 is 10.63" long, while the AC10730 is 10.55"...so the cheaper one is just slightly larger, while the $9.99 one is almost exact. Both look almost exactly the same...check the attached image and the links (the shopbarska.com links give many more details and specs than the Amazon ones).

The pros are that they are cheap. The dimensions are almost exact. And for the most part, they look a lot like the EE-3 scope, right out of the box. Because of that, it doesn't seem like there would need to be a whole lot of cutting it apart and reassembling.

The cons I can see right away are
- The rings don't match the ASI one at all. You could either use them as is (would that be that big of a deal?), or modify them, or take them off and use another solution. Plus the rings would need to be moved closer to each end.
- The dials look to be a little bigger and not beveled...though that probably wouldn't be that difficult of a modification. And removing the graphic on the one dial.
- The dial box isn't in the right configuration, but I would imagine all you'd need to do is just rotate it so the dials are in a V.
- The dial box looks to be more central while the one on my resin blaster is slightly forward of center...again...does it really matter?

So my question for all of you, do you guys think this would be a suitable substitute to trying to locate an ASI one? What are your thoughts on the ring situation? What do you think about the dials and box?

31VJcBYe6OL._SS500_.jpg

Barska 4x20
Amazon.com: BARSKA 4X20 Rimfire Riflescope: Sports & Outdoors: Reviews, Prices & more
BARSKA 4x20 RIMFIRE SCOPE - Riflescope by BARSKA

Barska 4x15
Amazon.com: BARSKA 4x15 Rimfire Riflescope: Sports & Outdoors: Reviews, Prices & more
BARSKA 4x15 RIMFIRE SCOPE - Air Rifle / Gun Scopes by BARSKA

I too gave up on an original and have a frankenscope.

Something you can do, if you are patient, to take the frankenscope up another few notches...

Search ebay for "vintage scope"... yes, I know. REALLY broad. But, look at all of them. I found the right style of mounting rings/brackets on some random other style of scope. The scope itself was ****, but I got the mounts I wanted.

The other thing is to replace the windage knobs (the dials you mentioned). A board member here gave me a set of ASI knobs that I molded / cast. I used waste silicone to make the molds (leftover that I didn't need) and I pour waste resin into them when I have it (overfull molds). I've got enough kicking around for half a dozen rifles or so. They aren't all black like the one shown below... they range somewhere from white-grey-black depending on what I was pouring at the time.

Tasco/generic vs. ASI cast:
4541951983_11a64f5685.jpg

I haven't posted a sale thread because I am TERRIBLE about getting out and shipping things. But, if anyone wants a pair, paypal me $5 to cover a padded envelope and shipping and they are yours... just know that it could be a few weeks before I get them out of the house.

You have to cut off the ones that are there... they screw on to threads, and mine are solid. So it's a bit of a fuss, but it looks good in the end!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back