Supertrooper (Boba Fett) conceptualized during ANH post production?

I just assumed since he was a static prop that they broke him down and used him as junk. I mean heck his head is a tap in the Cantina in Ep4

I take it you mean stories that take place timeline wise pre-ANH...

The first time I ever heard of this was like Shadows of the Empire, Tales from the Bounty Hunters (right title?) or maybe the WEG RPGs, all which come way after ESB and even ROTJ were filmed. I'm reading through the new Making of The Empire Strikes Back and have yet to see anything like this even being pre-vis'ed.

this concept-pic is dated 03-78 (taken from "dawn of the bounty hunters", with the AURRA SING 12" figure)
concecpt0378.jpeg

I've read the same rumours as everyone else about boba fett's/supertroopers original role in ESB but has anyone read any actual draft scripts or story breakdowns detailing Bob's alternate role in the film?

Well from where I am in the Making book, Boba really started as Vader..they were balled up in the same character. Vader was the big baddie, but was a bounty hunter. Vader became the black knight, then Boba was kindof branched off as a dark sith lord minion sortof, called Prince Valorum, black knight of the Sith (sound familiar). Then he morphed into the bounty hunter employed by Vader. This is all A New Hope when it was Luke Starkiller & the Journal of the Whills. Then when Empire came about they wanted a squad of super stormtroopers (hence the supertrooper name and white/black costume) to hunt down Luke. So the Prince and the supertrooper merged. Lucas then chose to feature fett in the Holiday Special and as a promo tool, so they rushed and created him. The drawings of the Prince Valorum are dated 1975, supertrooper concept buckets Oct 77.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back